Theriot promoted to Chicago
(Jackson, TN) September 12th- Diamond Jaxx 2005 Most Valuable Player Ryan Theriot was promoted to the Chicago Cubs late Sunday, and will be in uniform tonight when the Cubs take on the Reds at Wrigley Field at 7:05 p.m.
Theriot is a native of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and scored the winning run in the 2000 College World Series, crowning the LSU Tigers National Champions. He was selected by the Cubs in the 3rd round of the June 2001 draft. He batted .304 with 28 doubles and 53 RBI for West Tenn in 2005, becoming just the third player in Jaxx history to hit .300 or better for an entire season.
The Diamond Jaxx received infielder Carlos Rojas to replace Theriot on the roster. Rojas batted .244 this season for high-A Daytona.
The West Tenn Diamond Jaxx are the "AA" Southern League Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, and play in the 6,000 seat Pringles Park located just off I-40 in Jackson, TN. For more information, call the Diamond Jaxx at (731) 988-5299 or log on to our website at www.diamondjaxx.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from September 12, 2005
- Cellular South Cafe reopens - Mississippi Braves
- Theriot promoted to Chicago - Jackson Generals
- Southern League championship begins tomorrow - SL
- Jaxx versus Suns for Southern League championship - Jackson Generals
- Suns and Diamond Jaxx to square off for league title - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Generals Issue Letter to City of Jackson Regarding Future
- The Ballpark at Jackson Welcomes High School Baseball
- Generals Offices Closed from December 24th - January 4th
- Shadrack's Christmas Light Show Begins at the Ballpark on November 13th
- Generals Unveil Newest Economic Impact Study