The Petes Want to Send One Minor Hockey Player to Lake Placid for the Toronto Six's Inaugural Season
(Peterborough, ON) - In celebration of the Toronto Six's inaugural season with the National Women's Hockey League (NWHL) , the Petes will be putting one minor hockey player in the stands to cheer on the expansion team. The NWHL kicks off their season on January 23 at the Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, NY.
Starting now parents, guardians, and coaches can nominate the dedicated hockey player in their life who continues to work on their skills at home for the chance to win a "fan-face" cardboard of themselves to be placed in the stands while the Toronto Six are playing. In addition to the cardboard cutout, the selected player will win a Petes prize pack and an autographed photo of a Six player.
Fans are encouraged to submit a nomination on how their selected hockey player is going the extra mile and upload a picture or video of their hockey player in action here .
The Petes will accept submissions until January 19 at 5:00 pm. Roger the Petes mascot will announce the winner that evening across the Petes Facebook , Twitter , and Instagram .
"The Petes want to be involved in any opportunity to support or grow girls and women's hockey. The Toronto Six are in a unique scenario where their first season is spent in a bubble and this is a really cool initiative where we can showcase their fan base in Peterborough while highlighting the at-home efforts of minor hockey players this season," says Petes Director of Marketing and Growth, Shelbi Kilcollins.
The Toronto Six are the sixth National Women's Hockey League team to be granted a franchise. They join the Boston Pride , Buffalo Beauts , Connecticut Whales , Metropolitan Riveters and the Minnesota Whitecaps . The Toronto Six bubble schedule has yet to be released and all games will be without fans. The 2021 Isobel Cup Semifinals will air live on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021 on NBCSN at 5:30 pm ET and 8 pm ET, and the Isobel Cup final game will air live on Friday, Feb. 5 at 7 pm on NBCSN.
Every Thursday Petes fans are encouraged to tune in to the Peterborough Petes Facebook page for TNL. Each episode of TNL features an exclusive Q&A with special celebrity guests, a musical performance, cooking segments, and merchandise offers.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2021
- OHL Classics: Todd Bertuzzi - Guelph Storm
- The Petes Want to Send One Minor Hockey Player to Lake Placid for the Toronto Six's Inaugural Season - Peterborough Petes
- 19 Otters Alumni Attending NHL Training Camps - Erie Otters
- Patricia Campbell, Theresa Woodward and Kateri Josaitis Recognized as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer(s) - Peterborough Petes
- On and off the Ice, Tommy Budnick Is Always Competing - Kingston Frontenacs
- Petes Announce Who Wore It Best? Campaign - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Mason McTavish and Brian Zanetti Named to the NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch List
- Mike Martone Named as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Petes Send PGHA Player to Lake Placid for the Toronto Six's Inaugural Season
- Peterborough Petes Collect over 500 Pairs of Socks for Local Organizations
- Darcy Tucker Headlines Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway