The Forecast: Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC v Greenville Triumph SC
WINDSOR, Colo. - Following the win over Union Omaha, Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC hosts Greenville Triumph SC to close out Week 26. Greenville is coming in after playing Union Omaha themselves on September 17.
Greenville is on a four-match winless streak that dates back to the last meeting with the Hailstorm on August 27. As one of the coldest teams in the league, they have only managed to grab five points in their previous five matches. Despite that streak, they are safe in third place in the playoff picture with four games to play.
Because of red cards in their last match with Omaha, the Triumph will be missing Brandon Fricke and Miles Fenton. As the captain of Greenville, Fricke has started 24 of the 26 games this season. He's contributed 79 clearances and won just over 54% of his aerial duels. Fenton has played in 17 matches, coming off the bench in 13 appearances.
In the last meeting between the two sides, Northern Colorado won 2-0 behind goals from Jerry Desdunes and Irvin Parra. Including that match, the Hailstorm have won three of their last four games in a push to make the playoffs. With three games remaining, the team finds themselves one point out of the playoff picture.
Goals have come from everywhere on the team of late. Defender Brecc Evans scored two against Union Omaha. Forwards Trevor Amann, Lachlan McLean, and Parra have tallied seven goals in the last six matches. Desdunes has added two more in that time from his midfield position.
Kickoff is at 7:00 p.m. MDT at Severance High School. Expect the temperature to be in the low 70s with clear skies for the match. This game, as with all USL League One games this season, will be broadcast on ESPN+.
The future home of Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC, 118-acre Future Legends Complex will feature 6,500-seat TicketSmarter Stadium, 2,500-seat Future Legends Field, multiple baseball diamonds, multi-purpose fields, an indoor sports arena, lodging, and retail; and will host guests for major sports tournaments, events, leagues, and more.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from September 23, 2022
- Match Preview: Greenville Triumph v NOCO Hailstorm - Greenville Triumph SC
- Match Forecast: Tormenta FC at Forward Madison - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- The Forecast: Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC v Greenville Triumph SC - Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC
- NCFC Visits In-State Rival Charlotte Independence on Saturday - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC Stories
- Hailstorm & Greenville Split Points in Severance
- The Forecast: Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC v Greenville Triumph SC
- Hailstorm Ground Owls in the Rain
- The Forecast: Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC v Union Omaha
- Hat Trick Sees Tormenta Past Northern Colorado