The Battle Cats Return to Battle Creek
Battle Creek, MI - The Battle Creek Bombers have announced that they will rebrand as the Michigan Battle Cats. Last active in 2002, the Michigan Battle Cats were a minor league team, first affiliated with the Boston Red Sox then later by the Houston Astros.
The Battle Cats will remain within the Northwoods League and give the Bombers & their mascot Mo Skeeter a big send off on Saturday July 19th.
Tyler Shore, the General Manager of the new reformed Battle Cats said, 'I've always wanted to bring back the Battle Cats. We only got league approval last week but there's no time like the present so we're rebranding effective immediately'.
He also hoped fans will give the Bombers a proper send off on July 19th. 'We're going to host a massive party, a celebration of the fantastic 13 years the Bombers have had in this community, I hope everyone can make it down'.
Throughout C.O. Brown Stadium, changes will be made to fit within the rebrand including the renaming of the Sky Loft which will be changed to 'The Litter Box'.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from April 1, 2019
- Dock Spiders Add Three More Players to 2019 Roster - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Pit Spitters Offering Unique Experience for Little Leaguers - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Start off Promo Palooza with Announcement of Charlie Manuel - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- The Battle Cats Return to Battle Creek - Battle Creek Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.