Texarkana Twins Add Power to the Roster
Texarkana, USA - The Texarkana Twins announced on Thursday two more signings for the 2019 season in Dallas Baptist University Christian Boulware and University of New Mexico's Matthew Foster.
Boulware, a native of Corinth, TX, is in his first season at Dallas Baptist University, but before there, he attended Panola Junior College. He earned First Team All-Region and All-Conference honors in his second season at Panola. Christian finished 10th in the nation at the NJCAA Division I level in home runs with 19. His 19 home runs also tied a single-season school record. That season he posted a .323 batting average and drove in 59 runs while leading the team with a .687 slugging percentage. During his freshman season at Panola, he was named a First Team All-Region selection where he hit .320 with 12 home runs and 58 RBI.
Christian should help form up a powerful middle of the line-up for the Twins. While Christian is primarily a catcher, he should see some time at the DH spot and potentially in the field some also.
Matthew Foster, a native of Plano, Texas, is in his freshman season with the Lobos. The left-hander has appeared in four games at UNM while pitching in six innings with six strikeouts. Foster was named to the 2018 Perfect Game Preseason All-American in the Texas Region. He also earned Perfect Game Preseason Underclassmen All-American honors in 2017.
Come support your Texarkana Twins and join our boys when the season starts on May 29 when the Twins host the Baton Rouge Rougarou at 7:05 p.m. at George Dobson Field.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Bombers Add Two Arms from Traditional SEC Power - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Texarkana Twins Add Power to the Roster - Brazos Valley Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brazos Valley Bombers Stories
- University of Alabama Pitcher to Pitch in this Year's Biggest College Baseball Event
- University of South Carolina Catcher Will be Part of CSBI
- Bombers Announce New Opening Day for 2020 Summer
- Bombers Host Inaugural Brazos JUCO Classic
- Bombers Announce Black Friday Ticket Specials