Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed free agent defenseman Sean Day to a one-year, two-way contract today, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced.
Day, 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, played in 16 games with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League during the 2019-20 season, recording a goal and four points. He also skated in 36 games for the Maine Mariners of the ECHL, notching five goals and 20 points.
A native of Leuven, Belgium, Day has appeared in 62 career AHL games, all with Hartford, which included 46 during the 2018-19 season. He has also played in 55 career ECHL games with Maine during the previous two seasons. Day skated in 291 OHL games with Mississauga, Windsor and Kingston during his junior career, recording 42 goals and 158 points.
Day, 22, was drafted by the New York Rangers in the third round, 81st overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft.
Tickets packages for the 2020-21 season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2020
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Matt Weis - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Syracuse Crunch Present Donation to Upstate University Hospital
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward Nikita Pavlychev to AHL Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season