Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forward Daniel Walcott to a one-year, one-way contract, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Walcott, 26, skated in 55 games for the Syracuse Crunch during the 2019-20 regular season, posting seven goals and 19 points to go along with 86 penalty minutes. Four of his seven goals were game-winning tallies, and he also led the Crunch for penalty minutes. Walcott was named Syracuse's IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year on April 6 for his charitable work in the community. This was the third time he's earned the award in five seasons with the Crunch.
The Ile Perrot, Quebec native has appeared in 240 career AHL games with the Crunch and Hartford Wolf Pack, posting 18 goals and 63 points to go along with 288 penalty minutes. Walcott has served as an assistant captain for the Crunch over the past three seasons. The 5-foot-11, 174-pound forward recorded career highs for goals, assists (12), points, penalty minutes and game-winning goals during the 2019-20 season.
The Lightning acquired Walcott's rights from the New York Rangers on June 1, 2015 in exchange for a seventh-round pick in 2015.
Tickets packages for the 2020-21 season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2020
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Reign, Violent Gentlemen Hockey Club Partner to Help San Antonio Hospital Foundation COVID-19 Resources Fund - Ontario Reign
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Scott Pooley - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Ross Colton to One-Year Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Ben Thomas
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Defenseman Andreas Borgman, Goaltender Chris Gibson
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Goaltender Spencer Martin
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith