Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to One-Year Contract
SYRACUSE, N.Y. --- The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed defenseman Cameron Gaunce to a one-year, two-way contract, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Gaunce, 29, skated in two games with the Lightning during the 2018-19 regular season, posting seven penalty minutes and a plus-3 rating. Gaunce made his Lightning debut on April 1 against the Ottawa Senators, recording seven penalty minutes. The 6-foot-2, 204-pound defenseman has appeared in 34 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, Pittsburgh Penguins and Bolts over four seasons, registering two goals and five points to go along with 43 penalty minutes.
The Sudbury, Ontario native also appeared in 59 AHL games with the Syracuse Crunch during the 2018-19 season, recording 10 goals and 46 points to go along with 65 penalty minutes. He ranked first among all Syracuse defensemen for goals, assists and points. Gaunce also ranked sixth in the AHL among defensemen for assists and tied for seventh for points. He also skated in four Calder Cup Playoff games for Syracuse, posting a pair of assists.
Gaunce has skated in 594 career AHL games with the Cleveland Monsters, Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Penguins, Portland Pirates, Texas Stars and Crunch, collecting 34 goals and 217 points. He helped the Texas Stars win the Calder Cup in 2014, skating in 18 postseason games, recording four assists and a plus-6 rating.
Gaunce was originally drafted by Colorado in the second round, 50th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.
Ticket packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Join the Roadrunners June 22-23 at TCC Kid's Fair - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tampa Bay Lightning Acquire Seventh Round Pick in 2021 from Nashville Predators - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack's Summer "Hockey in the Streets" Program Returns June 27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Senators Looking to Expand Business with New Hires - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to One-Year Contract - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood