Tacos Drop Series Finale to Bees
The Fresno Tacos (9-11) lost 9-7 in the series finale against the Salt Lake Bees (13-7) on the second Taco Tuesday of 2017. Fresno falls to 1-6 against Salt Lake this season.
The Bees put two runs on the board early, but the 2-0 lead did not last long when Derek Fisher (3-for-5) crushed a solo home run to left to cut Salt Lake's lead 2-1 in the second. His fourth homer of the season tied Teoscar Hernandez for the club lead.
Consecutive RBI from Sherman Johnson, Matt Williams and Bo Way (2-for-4) put the Bees ahead 5-1 in the fourth. The Tacos tacked on two more in the fifth to put them within two. An Andrew Aplin (2-for-3) sacrifice fly scored Max Stassi who doubled to get on and a Colin Moran RBI double scored Tony Kemp (2-for-5) to make the score 5-3.
A Williams RBI single and a bases loaded walk to Carlos Perez gave the Bees a 7-3 lead in the sixth. In the home half of the inning Reid Brignac (2-for-4) knocked a RBI single to score Fisher who doubled to get on. Fisher was a triple shy of the cycle with a homer in the second, a single in the fourth and a double in the sixth. A pair of sacrifice fly's in the seventh and eighth put the Bees ahead of the Tacos 9-4.
Three runs in the Tacos eighth closed the gap on the Bees. Brignac smashed his first triple of the season to right for two-RBI, and a RBI single from Aplin put the Tacos within two, 9-7, but that would be it for the day. Edison Frias (1-2) pitched five innings for the Tacos and allowed five runs on four hits and four walks with three strikeouts in his fourth start.
Luis Diaz (1-0) earned the win in his Triple-A debut for Salt Lake, going five innings and allowing three runs on six hits and a walk with seven strikeouts. Keynan Middleton recorded his second save in a four-batter ninth.
Fresno hits the road for a five-game series against the Reno Aces beginning on Thursday April 27, at 6:35 p.m. at Greater Nevada Field.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 25, 2017
- Sounds and Sky Sox Postponed in Colorado Springs - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Postpone April 25 Game Due to Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Salt Lake Slips by Fresno - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Return Home for LEGO Weekend - Salt Lake Bees
- Tacos Drop Series Finale to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Salt Lake Bees Return Home for LEGO Weekend - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 51s Host Albuquerque & Tacoma from April 27 - May 5 - Las Vegas 51s
- Toups, Chasers Too Much for Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes and Rainiers Series Finale Postponed - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds At Oklahoma City Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 25, 2017 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzles Fall to Bees 12-9 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Bats Blast Grizzlies - Salt Lake Bees
- Offensive Outburst Sends Isotopes to Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Rolled by Isotopes, 12-8 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Blowout Chihuahuas 2-1 Monday Night - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Withstand Nashville, 8-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Woodruffs - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Comeback Falls Short as Sounds Lose to Sky Sox - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Thumps Iowa 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Chihuahuas Fall 12-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa's Defense Falters in Loss to Round Rock - Iowa Cubs
- Masterson, Geltz Shut Out Redbirds, 3-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sierra Does It All in Baby Cakes' Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies "Wild About Reading" Program Reaches 1 Millionth Student
- Jake Owen to Play Chukchansi Park on September 15
- Fresno Grizzlies New Ownership Introduced
- Fresno Grizzlies Set 2018 Promotional Schedule
- Grizzlies to Play as Zamunda Lions on "Coming to Fresno" Night, June 21