T-Bones re-sign former Cardinals prospect, Garceau
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - The Kansas City T-Bones have announced they've re-signed Shaun Garceau, a 6-foot-2, 218-pound right-handed pitcher from Palm Beach, Fla.
Garceau spent most of last season with the T-Bones, originally signing in mid-June. He went 9-6 with a 3.47 ERA in 17 appearances. He struck out 75, while walking 27. In his first two outings with Kansas City, Garceau went six and eight innings, respectively, and gave up one run. He went on to win his first five games with the T-Bones. Garceau went at least seven innings in eight of his 16 starts in 2012, and gave up more than three earned runs on only three occasions.
"Shaun's an ace - definitely one of the best pitchers in the league," said T-Bones manager Kenny Hook. "He's been working hard this offseason, so I think he'll come in this year in better shape, which affected him late last season. I think we'll see him throw some complete games this year.
"Shaun is a quiet guy, but very knowledgeable about mechanics and how to get hitters out, and he was willing to help our younger pitchers, which is huge. I see him as the anchor of our pitching staff."
The St. Louis Cardinals selected Garceau in the 20th round of the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of Royal Palm Beach High School, at the age of 17. His best season in the minor leagues came in 2008, when he posted an 8-4 record and a 3.42 ERA with high-A Palm Beach. Two years later, 2010, he reached double-A Springfield with the Cardinals' organization.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from January 28, 2013
- Khoury Back at Shortstop for Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- 'Dogs Re-Sign Former 1st Rounder Espinosa - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones re-sign former Cardinals prospect, Garceau - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Announce Exhibition Schedule - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Explorers Think Spring With First Signing Of 2013 - Sioux City Explorers
- Former University of Minnesota Pitcher, Dustin Klabunde, Re-Signs With Saints - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.