Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union Make Donation to Junior Achievement of the Triad
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, and Allegacy Federal Credit Union announced today that $1,760 was raised for a local nonprofit, Junior Achievement of the Triad, from the theme jersey silent auction at the Swarm's home game at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex on February 29. The Swarm and Allegacy have teamed up to raised nearly $12,000 through four Theme Jersey Nights that have benefited different local nonprofits.
"Our Theme Jerseys Nights are always special because we know that collectively we are supporting important nonprofits like Junior Achievement," Swarm President Steve Swetoha said. "We appreciate Allegacy's active role in making these nights successful and their dedication to the community. The Triad has supported the Swarm in so many ways and selling the game-worn jerseys is a unique way we can give back."
The 2020 edition of the theme jersey reflected Junior Achievement's green logo and commitment to igniting the spark in young people to experience and realize the opportunities and realities and life in the 21st century. With the green logo displayed throughout, the jersey also featured #ICAN on the sides.
"Allegacy is proud to support Junior Achievement of the Triad," said Cathy Pace, Allegacy President and CEO. "Championing education in our community is important to us and by supporting Junior Achievement, we have the unique opportunity to help students achieve their potential and to 'be their best' now and in the future."
"Unique collaborations are present throughout the Triad," said Jacqueline McCracken Wall, President and CEO of Junior Achievement of the Triad. "The partnership between the Swarm and Allegacy is a premier example for how, together, we can highlight local missions to improve the lives of individuals and our community at large. The sold jerseys will allow 45 children to learn how money, careers and business ownership works."
Junior Achievement reached over 24,000 students in 2018-19 across nearly 1,200 classrooms in over 110 local schools with the help of more than 800 volunteers. A volunteer-driven organization, Junior Achievement works with kindergarten through grade 12 with programs to foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 24, 2020
- Swarm, Allegacy Federal Credit Union Make Donation to Junior Achievement of the Triad - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors and Togo's Donate Lunch to Second Harvest Food Bank - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Charlotte Hornets Assistant Coach Jay Hernandez to Coach Greensboro Swarm at NBA G League Bubble
- Greensboro Swarm Select Admiral Schofield No. 1 Overall in the 2020-21 NBA G League Draft
- Greensboro Swarm Set to Select No. 1 Overall in the 2020-21 NBA G League Draft
- Greensboro Swarm, Academy Sports + Outdoors Treat Local Nonprofits with Annual Holiday Shopping Spree
- Charlotte Hornets Announce 2020 Training Camp Roster