Swamp Rabbits Add Fortier to Offense for 21-22
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits announced forward Maxime Fortier signed with the team ahead of the 2021-22 season.
Fortier, a Montreal, QC native, returns to North America after spending the 2020-21 season in Europe with the Bratislava Capitals in Slovakia and most recently with the Manchester Storm in England. Between the two teams, Fortier totaled 34 points and 19 goals during his split tenure.
"Maxime is a highly-skilled forward who has had three solid seasons of pro experience," said Head Coach Andrew Lord. "He is a right-shot forward who uses his speed to create offense and has the ability to put the puck in the net. Fortier is a great teammate, and I have really enjoyed getting to know him during the recruiting process. I can tell he will fit into our culture very well."
The former captain of the Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL), Fortier has earned North American professional experience, playing 42 games with the Jacksonville Icemen in the ECHL and 48 games in the AHL with the Cleveland Monsters.
Swamp Rabbits Single Game Tickets are on sale now! For more information or to secure your seats today call 864-674-PUCK (7825) or email INFO@SwampRabbits.com
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 24, 2021
- Americans Add Rookie Defenseman - Allen Americans
- Get Ready for Komet Hockey with the 2021-2022 Promo Schedule - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Re-Sign Dylan MacPherson - Wheeling Nailers
- Defenseman Matt Stief Adds to 2021-22 Steelheads Blue Line - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Add Fortier to Offense for 21-22 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Heartlanders Single-Game Tix Now Available - Iowa Heartlanders
- Worcester Railers HC to be Recognized at WooSox Fan Appreciation Day - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.