Sun Slide Past Wings 70-66
The Dallas Wings were outlasted by the Connecticut Sun 70 - 66 Wednesday night.
Rookie Tyasha Harris had a career high 13 points to go along with Arike Ogunbowale's 19 and Allisha Gray's 15 points to round out the majority of the Wings' scoring. Ogunbowale extended her streak of 15 or more to 20 games and Gray added a season high eight boards in her third consecutive start.
Ogunbowale becomes just the sixth player in WNBA history to score 15 or more in 20 or more games consecutively since Cynthia Cooper (07/11/1999 05/31/2000) and Candace Parker (09/15/2013 07/08/2014) had streaks of 19 games.
Rookie Satou Sabally led the Wings' rebounding effort with nine, the third time she has had nine rebounds or more and the fourth time she has led the team's board work this season. She has now led the team in either assists, point or rebounds seven times this season.
The Wings next take on the league-leading Seattle Storm (7-1) on Friday, August 14, on NBA TV at 7 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 12, 2020
- Game Preview: Fever Match up with New-Look Liberty on Thursday - Indiana Fever
- Sun Slide Past Wings 70-66 - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Waive Stella Johnson - Chicago Sky
- Chicago Leaders Pledge to Match Sky Players Donations to #SkyTakesAction Initiative - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty 8/11 Postgame Notes vs. Los Angeles - New York Liberty
- High Scoring First Half Not Enough for Fever against Aces - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.