Sun Sign Emma Cannon
Uncasville, Conn. - The Connecticut Sun announced today it has signed 6-foot-2 forward Emma Cannon to a training camp contract.
Cannon spent the 2017 WNBA season with the Phoenix Mercury, appearing in all 34 games. She averaged 4.4 points while pulling down 3.6 rebounds per game. On August 10, 2017 she had a career-high 17 points against the Dallas Wings. She led all WNBA rookies that season with a 49.1 shooting percentage.
A native of Rochester, NY, Cannon spent three seasons at Central Florida where she averaged 13.0 points and 10.1 rebounds in 89 games. She transferred to Southern Florida for her senior season where she earned Division II Honorable Mention All-American honors in 2011.
Internationally, Cannon is averaging 18.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game while shooting 53.1 percent from the field in 26 Polish League games for Arka Gdynia. That puts her fourth in both scoring and rebounding in the league. In 2017, she led the Russian League in scoring at 20.0 points while playing for Chevakata.
The Sun will open the 2019 WNBA season on Saturday, May 25 against the Washington Mystics. Game time at Mohegan Sun Arena is set for 7:30 p.m. Visit ConnecticutSun.com or call 1-877-SUN-TIXX for more information or to purchase tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 11, 2019
- Aces Acquire 2017 All-Star Sugar Rodgers in Three-Team Trade - Las Vegas Aces
- Liberty Acquires Guard Tanisha Wright in Exchange for 2020 Second Round Pick - New York Liberty
- Sun Sign Emma Cannon - Connecticut Sun
- Dallas Wings Select Ogunbowale, Gustafson, Burke and Bertsch in 2019 WNBA Draft - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Sun Stories
- Connecticut Sun Teams up with Nike to Grow the Game for Girls in New England
- Jonquel Jones Named to All-WNBA Second Team
- Jones and Thomas Duo Selected to 2019 WNBA All-Defensive Teams
- Courtney Williams Named Player of the Week
- WNBA Semifinal Tickets on Sale Thursday at Noon