Sun Country Airlines Becomes Official Airline of Portland Winterhawks
PORTLAND - Sun Country Airlines today announced a new partnership, becoming the Official Airline of the Portland Winterhawks.
"Sun Country is thrilled to be partnering with the Portland Winterhawks and aligning our two brands," said Sun Country Airlines Chief Marketing Officer Brian Davis. "The Winterhawks are focused on bringing people of all ages together for affordable, family-friendly fun, which parallels what we pride ourselves on here at Sun Country - bringing our guests to their favorite destinations at a great price. We've been providing service to Portland for several months now and have been very happy with our reception. We look forward to introducing Winterhawks fans to our airline."
As part of the partnership, Sun Country will celebrate a military member of the game with a travel voucher on Sun Country to thank them for their service. The airline will also partner with the team to offer 100 discounted game tickets to every home game for fans and allow Sun Country Rewards members special access to discounted tickets.
"We are very excited to be partners with Sun Country Airlines as they expand their presence in the Portland market," said Portland Winterhawks President Doug Piper. "We have some exciting partnership activations coming up this season that will help grow the Sun Country Airlines brand and help Portland-area travelers become more-familiar with their low fares and flight destinations."
Sun Country first began service in Portland in June of 2016, currently offering seasonal service to Honolulu, Madison, Nashville, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and St. Louis, and year-round service to Las Vegas and Minneapolis. The airline has added to its customer experience over the last year with free in-flight entertainment, a new mobile-friendly website with more self-service tools, and new interiors on each aircraft.â¯ The airline's mission is to affordably connect guests to their favorite people, places, and memories, and to offer leisure travelers safe, reliable service at a great price.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2019
- Wheat Kings Reach 1,800 WHL Wins - Brandon Wheat Kings
- CIBC Canada Russia Series Hits Saskatoon Tomorrow Night - Saskatoon Blades
- WHL & Saskatoon Blades to Support Launch of Latest Brownridge Book at 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - Saskatoon Blades
- Tip a Wheat King Night Wednesday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Cikhart, Ferguson Remain on NHL Central Scouting Watch List - Tri-City Americans
- WHL & Saskatoon Blades to Support Launch of Latest Brownridge Book at 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series - WHL
- Broncos Battle Back But Fall Short in Moose Jaw - Swift Current Broncos
- Sun Country Airlines Becomes Official Airline of Portland Winterhawks - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Winterhawks Stories
- Simon Knak Invited to Switzerland's World Junior Camp
- Winterhawks Partner with the Les Schwab / KPTV Toy Drive
- Winterhawks Forward Jarvis Benefits from Breakout Season
- Winterhawks Grant Players Temporary Loans
- Seth Jarvis Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp