Stringer to Donate to Canadian Cancer Society
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club are pleased to announce that Zack Stringer will donate $5 for each goal he scores during the 2020-2021 regular season to the Canadian Cancer Society.
Stringer, 17, who is a Lethbridge product was originally drafted by the Hurricanes in the first round (8th overall) in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft. He skated in 48 games as a 16-year-old in 2019-2020 totalling 11 goals and 34 points.
"I've decided to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society in honour of my dad," said Stringer. "He unfortunately passed from cancer at a young age, so it is an honour to do this in his memory.
My family and friends are behind me doing this for a great cause," added Stringer. "To try and help others during their fight means a lot to me and my family."
Fans who would like to join Zack's initiative can make a one-time donation online at: http://support.cancer.ca/goto/ZackStringer or can sign-up to match Zack's donation per goal by contacting Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hurricanes open the 24-game 2021 regular season tonight in Edmonton against the Oil Kings at 7:00pm. The 'Canes will welcome Edmonton on Saturday at the ENMAX Centre.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Winterhawks Announce 2020-2021 Team Roster - Portland Winterhawks
- Stringer to Donate to Canadian Cancer Society - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Statement on COVID-19 Testing Results - WHL
- Cougars Sign Hudson Thornton to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- Tigers and CHAT Drop Puck on 51 Years - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lethbridge Hurricanes Stories
- WHL Announces Suspension of Team Activities for Calgary Hitmen & Medicine Hat Tigers
- WHL Announces Remaining Central Division Schedule
- WHL Announces Next Three Weeks of Central Division Schedule
- Hurricanes Claim Kindree off Waivers
- Stringer to Donate to Canadian Cancer Society