Storm Chasers' Full Slate of 50th Season Promotions Revealed
PAPILLION, NE - As the Omaha Storm Chasers' 50th Season presented by First National Bank approaches, the organization has announced their promotions for the 2018 campaign at Werner Park. This season's schedule will include many tributes to the past 50 years of team history, including specially themed days and jerseys, appearances from former players and coaches, giveaways, and much more.
The Storm Chasers' 2018 giveaways throughout the 2018 season will feature the 50th Season O-Bolt Bobblehead Series presented by Centris Federal Credit Union. All giveaways are for the first 2,000 fans unless otherwise stated.
- Magnet Schedule (1,500) - April 5
- Jarrod Dyson Bobblehead presented by Centris Federal Credit Union - April 21
- Mike Sweeney Bobblehead presented by Centris Federal Credit Union - May 5
- Mystery Baseball (1,000) - May 26
- Jeff Montgomery Bobblehead presented by Centris Federal Credit Union - June 9
- Rosenblatt Stadium Replica presented by Fairfield Inn & Suites Papillion - June 23
- Kevin Seitzer Bobblehead presented by Centris Federal Credit Union - July 14
- Dan Quisenberry Bobblehead presented by Centris Federal Credit Union - August 25
SPECIALTY JERSEY AUCTIONS
To commemorate each decade of the franchise's history, players and coaches will be wearing several specialty jerseys throughout the season, including five "Flashback Jerseys" presented by First National Bank. Several other specialty jerseys will be worn and auctioned off to support local charities throughout 2018.
- 2011 Omaha Storm Chasers Flashback Jersey presented by First National Bank - April 20
- Star Wars X-Wing Pilot Jersey presented by ParentSavvy.com - May 4 Auction
- 2010 Omaha Royals Flashback Jersey presented by First National Bank - May 25
- Omaha Runzas Jersey presented by Runza - June 9 Auction
- 1999 Omaha Golden Spikes Flashback Jersey presented by First National Bank - June 22
- 1985 Omaha Royals Flashback Jersey presented by First National Bank - July 20
- National Wild Turkey Federation Outdoors Jersey presented by NWTF - Aug. 4 Auction
- 1969 Omaha Royals Flashback Jersey presented by First National Bank - Aug. 24
- Military Appreciation Night Jersey presented by Werner Enterprises - Aug. 30 Auction
SPECIAL ALUMNI APPEARANCES PRESENTED BY ATLAS MEDSTAFF
Several alumni from the franchise's past teams are scheduled to return to Omaha for the club's 50th Season. Information about additional autograph signings and/or meet & greets, will be announced on a later date. The below list is not inclusive, with more guests to be announced.
- Mike Sweeney (1996-97, 2002-03, 06) - May 5
- Angel Berroa (2002, 07-08) - May 25 or 26
- Harold Reynolds (1995) - June 22
- Chris Hatcher (1997-98, 2002), Dwayne Hosey (1994-95), Dave Ullery (2001-04) & Ken Harvey (2002, 05)- June 24
- Jack McKeon (1969-71), Bill Beck & Bob Quinn- July 20
- Frank White (1973) - August 24
The Storm Chasers will offer several fun theme nights throughout 2018, including, but not limited to:
- Star Wars Night presented by Parentsavvy.com - May 4
- Girl Scouts Night - June 8 & Boy Scouts Night - June 21
- Superhero Night presented by Parentsavvy.com - June 30
- Daddy-Daughter Night presented by Parentsavvy.com - July 13
- Faith and Family Night with Hawk Nelson post-game concert - August 4
- Military Appreciation Night presented by U.S. Bank & Werner Enterprises - August 30
INDEPENDENCE & MEMORIAL DAY FIREWORKS
"The Biggest Fireworks in the Omaha Metro" return to Werner Park from July 2-3 for Independence Fireworks presented by First National Bank, culminating in the 50th Annual First National Bank Independence Fireworks Spectacular on July 3. The Storm Chasers will also have a special Memoria Day Weekend Fireworks Extravaganza on May 27 as part of a total of 18 fireworks shows scheduled for the 2018 season.
FAN FAVORITE PROMOTIONS
- 50 Cent Tuesdays: New for 2018 is "50 Cent Tuesdays" in honor of the 50th Season in Franchise History. Five concessions items will be available for 50 cents each at Tuesday games (excluding July 3 & August 7), including Uncle Ray's Chips, nachos, fries, small soda and peanuts. Berm tickets will also be available for these nights for only $5.
- Wiener Wednesday with Bark in the Park: Back once again by popular demand are Wiener Wednesday and Bark at the Park, with five dates in 2018. Full-size hot dogs will once again be available at Werner Park on these dates for 25 cents each. Man's best friend will also be welcome to join their owners to sit on the McDonald's Berm to watch a ballgame.
- Thirsty Thursday: Every Thursday night home date will feature $2 Budweiser, Bud Light and Busch Light, as well as $1 Pepsi Fountain drinks
- Hy-Vee Friday Fireworks: The skies will ignite following every Friday night home contest at Werner Park with a fireworks spectacular presented by Hy-Vee.
- Bands & Brews: Fans will be able to enjoy drink specials and live music prior to five Saturday evening home games at the Bud Light Downdraught. Bar drink specials and music will be themed each night based on a decade in the organization's 50 seasons of franchise history. Those nights are currently scheduled for April 21, May 26, June 23, July 21 and August 25.
- U.S. Bank Family FUNday: Sunday home games will feature clowns and balloon artists, with kids able to run the bases after the game as part of Hardee's Kids Run the Bases following most Sunday home dates. The ParentSavvy.com Play Catch on the Field also returns for five Sunday contests, with fans able to play catch on the field for 30 minutes after gates open.
LIVE MUSICAL PERFORMANCES
In addition to Bands & Brews, fans can enjoy special musical performances throughout the 2018 season on the following dates.
- Dylan Scott Post-Game Concert - Aug. 3
- Faith & Family Night Post-Game Concert by Hawk Nelson- Aug. 4
The full list of promotions and details can be found online at www.omahastormchasers.com/promotions. Ticket and group packages are on sale now and can be purchased by calling (402) 738-5100. Single-game tickets will go on sale beginning on March 5.
Following the Royals Exhibition Game presented by SAC Federal Credit Union on March 26, the Storm Chasers begin 2018 regular season Pacific Coast League play at Werner Park on Thursday, April 5. The Omaha Storm Chasers have been the Triple-A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals since the franchise's first game on April 18, 1969, and is the longest-running Triple-A affiliation in Minor League Baseball.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from February 20, 2018
- Storm Chasers' Full Slate of 50th Season Promotions Revealed - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Gncu, Aces Award Getaway Trip to Spring Training 2018 - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.