Storm Acquire Draft Picks in Separate Transactions
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm has acquired a draft pick for each phase of the 2019 USHL draft in two separate transactions with teams from the Eastern Conference. The Storm has received a 4th Round Phase I draft pick from the Muskegon Lumberjacks in exchange for forward Liam Connors. Tri-City has also acquired a 7th Round Phase II draft pick from the Madison Capitols in exchange for defenseman Blake Evennou.
Blake Evennou, 20, of Macomb, MI skated in 27 games with the Storm during the 2017-2018 season after being acquired via trade from the Muskegon Lumberjacks in January. Evennou scored two goals for the Storm this season, and also registered four assists. Prior to being acquired by the Storm, Evennou skated in 28 games with the Muskegon Lumberjacks. He netted one goal and provided the Lumberjack offense with six assists. Evennou previously announced a commitment to Ferris State. Tri-City receives Madison's 7th Round pick in Phase II of the 2019 USHL draft in exchange for Evennou.
Liam Connors, 17, of Westborough, MA was selected by the Storm in the 2nd Round of the 2017 USHL Phase I draft and spent the 2017-2018 season playing for St. Sebastian's School in Needham, MA. Connors appeared in 29 games this season and netted nine goals. He also registered sixteen assists and finished the season with twenty five points. Connors previously announced a commitment to play college hockey for the Boston University Terriers. The Storm receives Muskegon's 4th Round pick in Phase I of the 2019 USHL draft in exchange for Connors.
"We wanted to give Blake an opportunity to play in the type of role that he deserved, and this was an opportunity for us to pick up a draft pick in the process. Liam will be playing another year of prep school hockey this season, and we did not have room on our affiliate list for him. We believe that both of the acquired draft picks will be very valuable and will allow us to select key players at next year's draft" - GM/Head Coach Anthony Noreen
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Storm Acquire Draft Picks in Separate Transactions - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Receive Three Players and Three Picks in Trade with Omaha - Chicago Steel
- Hinote Hired as Associate Coach at NTDP - U.S. National Team
- Stars Name Alex Cathcart New Director of Hockey Operations - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Storm Stories
- Preview: Storm Travel to Ralston for Preseason Game vs. Lancers
- Storm Finish Three Game Weekend with Win over Omaha
- Preview: Storm and Lancers Faceoff for First Time in Preseason
- Storm Fall in Overtime to Sioux City 4-3
- Preview: Storm Battle Musketeers in Preseason Matchup