Stingrays, Planet Fitness Agree to Historic Partnership
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Washington Capitals and AHL's Hershey Bears, have agreed to a new corporate partnership with Planet Fitness, which will give all fans the opportunity for a free week-long Black Card membership at any of their five locations in the Lowcountry.
In addition, Planet Fitness will become the presenting sponsor of the premium fan experience section previously known as the Ice House. The area will now be called the Planet Fitness Judgement Free Chill Zone, consistent with the company's motto encouraging everyone to be comfortable just being themselves.
Planet Fitness will also present a Health and Wellness Night promotion at an upcoming Stingrays game during the 2018-19 season and will become the presenting sponsor of Cool Ray, the team's official mascot. The partnership highlights the commitment both organizations have to their local community, with Cool Ray spending most of his time attending local events in the Lowcountry.
"We are very excited to partner with Planet Fitness for the upcoming season," said Stingrays President Rob Concannon. "There will be many fun and exciting promotions, but my favorite will be the health and wellness initiatives that they'll help bring to our fans."
"We are thrilled to become a partner with the South Carolina Stingrays this season," said Lydia Fogarty, Planet Fitness Charleston Director of Operations. "The Stingrays bring a lot to this market and are always doing a lot to support the local community so we are excited to join forces with them."
The two organizations have also teamed up to present a Community Tip of the Week, a weekly social media segment supporting overall health and wellness initiatives.
To redeem the week-long Black Card membership, fans can simply print off the free week trial coupon located at StingraysHockey.com and take it to any Lowcountry Planet Fitness location or simply walk in and use promo code Stingrays to sign up!
The 26th season of South Carolina Stingrays hockey begins in Jacksonville against the Icemen on October 13. The Stingrays will open their home schedule versus Greenville on Saturday, October 20.
Season tickets are on sale now! For more information or to purchase, contact the Stingrays by phone at 843-744-2248 or visit 3300 W. Montague Ave. Suite A-200 during business hours.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 13, 2018
- Grizzlies Sign Nolan DeJong - Utah Grizzlies
- Mavericks Announce 2018-19 Promotional Schedule - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Announces Partnership with LiveSource App - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays, Planet Fitness Agree to Historic Partnership - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Enter into Three-Year Affiliation Agreement with Tampa Bay Lightning - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators for Kids Foundation Renamed, New Logo Unveiled - Atlanta Gladiators
- Dallas Kirkpatrick Wins the Kalamazoo Wings 2018 Fan-Designed Jersey Contest - Kalamazoo Wings
- Todd Halloran at the Lowcountry Sports Forum this Wednesday - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.