Stingers Winning Streak Ends
Willmar, Minn. - The Stingers winning streak ends with a loss to the La Crosse Loggers. Willmar's home stand will end tomorrow after one game against the Mankato Moondogs.
Bradley Kinsey (Pittsburg State) made the start for the Stingers. Kinsey completed five innings giving up three runs, but only one of them earned. He gave up for hits, walked four and struck out one.
The La Crosse Loggers scored first in the fourth inning. Three runs came around and scored off two hits. Errors were the killer in tonight's game. The Stingers committed three errors in the fourth which allowed the runs. 3-0 Loggers.
Noah Haupt (New Mexico State) drove in John Trousdale in the bottom half of the fourth. That would be the lone run the Stingers would score. 3-1 Loggers.
Augie Sylk (Southern California) made his first appearance in relief for the Stingers. He got Willmar through a clean sixth inning. Austin Reich (Northwestern State) pitched the last three innings for the Stingers. He was lights out allowing one hit and striking out six. But the Stingers fell to the Loggers with a final score of 3-1.
The 2019 Stingers season is presented by J.D. Kreps Financial Group. For more coverage of the Stingers visit the West Central Tribune online at www.wctrib.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 15, 2019
- Woodchucks Explosive Offense Stuns the Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Stingers Winning Streak Ends - Willmar Stingers
- Rain Postpones Rafters Game with Booyah - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Two Late Inning Home Runs Lead Woodchucks to Victory in Madison - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Bombers and Rivets Postponed Due to Rain - Battle Creek Bombers
- Pit Spitters Prevail in Pitcher's Duel - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rox Rained out in Rochester on Saturday, Return Home on Sunday - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Chase Sweep over Green Bay at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Rafter Standout Gets Warm Welcome in Return to Witter - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Searching for Seventh Sweep of the Summer - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Dash Home, Top Spiders - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Hold Honkers to One Run in Road Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Bucks Shut 4-0 by Thunder Bay - Waterloo Bucks
- Alexandria Beetles Defeat Loggers - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.