Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads welcome in the 2019-20 home schedule with the official Idaho Steelheads Fan Fest on Friday, Oct. 18 from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on The Grove Plaza.
The Steelheads Fan Fest is free to enter and open to the public, and it will lead directly into the team's first home game of the season.
"There has been a lot of excitement about this year's team, and we wanted to ring in our 23rd season in Boise and the Treasure Valley with an event for fans and the Boise community," said Sarah Smith, Director of Marketing & Graphic Design. "The Steelheads have been interconnected with the greater Boise area community over the last 23 seasons, and we wanted to thank our fans and community members while welcoming future fans with this 'tailgating' experience to kick off the first home game of the season!"
Fans and community members can enjoy live music, drinks and a space to mingle outside of CenturyLink Arena with appearances by Steelheads Staff and Blue, the team's official mascot. There will also be games for adults and kids, including giant cornhole and giant skee-ball as well as photo ops on the Throne of Sticks and around the plaza. The Throne of Sticks will be raffled off during the event to one of the attendees.
All in attendance will receive a free Steelheads poster by visiting the team's booth, and Steelheads sponsors will also have tables to interact with fans. Attendees will also be given wristbands to purchase drinks, and all beverages must be kept within the plaza.
The Steelheads open the season against the Wichita Thunder following the Steelheads Fan Fest at CenturyLink Arena. Tickets are available for the 7:10 p.m. puck drop by calling 208-331-TIXS (8497) or going online to idahosteelheads.com. For ticket packs, including the Hockey Starter Pack and 4 For $50 Family Friday, call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080.
Call the Steelheads Front Office at 208-383-0080 to plan your seats for this season, including single-game, flex plans and season tickets. Stay connected to the Steelheads on idahosteelheads.com or by following the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 14, 2019
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon - Florida Everblades
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Wells Heads to Bako; Exell Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Make Two Trades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Weekly: Mariners Hit Road for Four - Maine Mariners
- Houser Recalled by Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Bested by Beast in Shootout, 4-3 - Adirondack Thunder
- Walleye Weekly #1- One Game, One Win - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Acquire Longtime Rival Sol - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Todd Rips Pair, Daccord Stands Tall as Beast Pick up First Win of 2019-20 - Brampton Beast
- Defenseman Jeff Taylor Assigned to Maine from Hartford - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Grizzlies Weekly - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly #1 (2019-20) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Weekly, October 14th - Wichita Thunder
- Royals Weekly Report, Vol. 19, No. 1 - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday: Wrapping up Opening Weekend - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report - October 14 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Season Starts with Home Opener Set for Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - October 14 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.