Steel Slip to Ice Dogs
The Steel lose to the Ice Dogs 6-0 in the first game of the weekend series.
Under a minute into the 1st period, the Ice Dogs' Jack Johnston finds the back of the net to give the Ice Dogs an early lead. The Ice Dogs didn't wait long, Luke Mobley got a goal of his own with assists from Laker Aldridge and John Stampohar to increase their lead by 2 goals.
The Ice Dogs got a short-handed goal from Grant Ledford late in the 2nd period. To start off the 3rd period Ty Proffitt got a goal of his own assisted by Johnston. 2 minutes later Johnston got his second goal of the night assisted by Mobley and Proffitt. Mobley recorded his second goal of the night halfway through the 3rd period, his goal was assisted by Johnston.
In goal tonight for the Steel was Josh Langford with 33 saves. Nate Reid was in goal for the Ice Dogs with 22 saves.
The Steel are back at home tomorrow night taking on the Ice Dogs for 3-D Fitness night. Fans can purchase tickets for the 7:10 p.m. puck drop at the door or online at chippewasteelhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2018
- Mudbugs Fall to the Ice Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Two Goal Lead Not Enough as Jacks Fall to Brahmas 4-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Steel Slip to Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Brahmas Notebook: Dec 28-29 vs. Odessa - Lone Star Brahmas
- Brahmas Pick up Point in Shootout Loss - Lone Star Brahmas
- Steel Get Ready to Take on Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Old Acquaintance - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.