Statements from College Park Skyhawks on Cancellation of NBA G League Season
"We are disappointed that our season ended as abruptly as it did, but we believe we have established a strong foundation in College Park and are encouraged for the future of our organization. The City of College Park and our friends at the Gateway Center Arena @ College Park were incredible partners during our inaugural season and we look forward to ongoing, fruitful relationships with them.
"The residents of College Park and the neighboring South Atlanta communities showed tremendous enthusiasm for our organization, on and off the court. We are humbled by your support and are excited to deepen our connection with the south side community. We look forward to reuniting with our fans in the Gateway Center as soon as we can in a safe, responsible manner."
GENERAL MANAGER DEREK PIERCE / HEAD COACH NOEL GILLESPIE:
"We share the feeling of disappointment experienced by teams throughout our league upon the cancellation of the season. Though we are disappointed in how the 2019-20 campaign ended, we are also encouraged by the high level of professionalism our players showed through the suspension and subsequent cancellation of our first season in College Park. Our first season in College Park was an important success for our franchise as we were able to support the Atlanta Hawks in our mission to develop talent on and off the court.
"We thank our players, coaches and staff for their commitment to competing this season. We must also give a huge thanks to the City of College Park and the fans who welcomed us to town with such great enthusiasm. We believe the best is yet to come and we can't wait to represent you again on the court at the Gateway Center."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 5, 2020
- Rio Grande Valley Ready to Return to Live Sports - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Delaware Blue Coats
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season - Wisconsin Herd
- Statements from College Park Skyhawks on Cancellation of NBA G League Season - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent College Park Skyhawks Stories
- Statement from the College Park Skyhawks on the 2020-21 Season
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Onyeka Okongwu, Skylar Mays and Nathan Knight
- Top 10 Plays of the 2019-20 Season
- Atlanta Hawks & College Park Skyhawks Announce Basketball Operations Hires and Promotions
- Statements from College Park Skyhawks on Cancellation of NBA G League Season