Statement from OSEG's Roger Greenberg
OTTAWA - Earlier today, Jeff Hunt announced he has decided to leave the OSEG partnership to focus his energies on establishing the new Atlético Ottawa soccer franchise. OSEG's Executive Chair and Managing Partner, Roger Greenberg, released the following statement:
We are extremely thankful to Jeff for all he has done for OSEG and sports in the city of Ottawa and we know he'll do a great job at the helm of Atlético.
At the beginning of OSEG, Jeff was the public face of the organization. He was well-known and well-liked by the Ottawa sports community for his great work reinvigorating the Ottawa 67's franchise. Under Jeff's watch, the 67's became one of the top-drawing teams in the OHL, year after year. That track record of success added instant credibility to OSEG's plan to re-establish CFL football in Ottawa, at a time when the memory of failed CFL ownership groups and poor teams was still fresh.
We wish Jeff all the best with Atlético and look forward to seeing his club in action at TD Place as soon as possible.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2020
- Open Your Home to a Hound in 2020-21 - Soo Greyhounds
- Statement from OSEG's Roger Greenberg - Ottawa 67's
- Award Winners Announced - North Bay Battalion
- Otters' Jacob Golden Named OHL's Top Academic Post-Secondary Student - Erie Otters
- Spirit's Cole Perfetti Named OHL Scholastic Player of the Year Presented by CIBC - Saginaw Spirit
- OHL Announces 2019-20 Academic Player of the Year Award Winners - OHL
- From the Blue Line to the Front Line: Generals Alumni Seek Support for Hospital Heroes - Oshawa Generals
- Attack's Logan LeSage Named OHL's Top Academic High School Student - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.