Statement from Kingsport Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck
"We are so appreciative of the support received from the Kingsport community through the many years of our affiliation. The City of Kingsport and Visit Kingsport have been loyal partners and our collaboration reinforced our tight bond. They always ensured that Kingsport's facilities were among the finest in the league. This region has been an integral part and destination in the development of franchise type players such as Daryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, David Wright, Jacob deGrom among many others. Finally, a heartfelt thank you to the generations of fans that have come out to the ballpark to cheer on the KMets."
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from September 29, 2020
- Bristol to Continue in Appalachian League - Bristol Pirates
- Statement from Kingsport Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck - Kingsport Mets
- After MLB Announcement, Atlanta Braves End Affiliation with Appalachian League - Danville Braves
- A New Vision for the Appalachian League - ApL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kingsport Mets Stories
- Boyd Sports to Manage and Operate the Kingsport Franchise in the Appalachian League
- Statement from Kingsport Mets General Manager Brian Paupeck
- David Wright Inducted into Appy League Hall of Fame
- 2020 Kingsport Mets Season Cancelled
- Kingsport Mets Announce 2020 Coaching Staff