Statement from Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Johnny Manziel Ruling
"We have been notified that Johnny Manziel, on our negotiation list since September 2012, has gone through the formal process established by Commissioner Randy Ambrosie, and that provided he meets the conditions laid out to him by the Commissioner, is now eligible to play in the Canadian Football League in 2018 and beyond.
"We appreciate the CFL office and Commissioner Randy Ambrosie's due diligence in this matter. We also recognize Johnny Manziel for thus far demonstrating the attributes necessary to continue his career in our great league. We will have no further comment at this time."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 29, 2017
- Crezdon Butler Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Add Ryan Rigmaiden to Scouting Staff - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Re-Sign Defensive Tackle Drake Nevis - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Statement from Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Johnny Manziel Ruling - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- A Statement from the Canadian Football League on the Status of Johnny Manziel - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Sign Five International Players
- Tiger-Cats Set 2018 Mini-Camp Schedule
- Montford to be Enshrined Forever on Tiger-Cats Wall of Honour
- TSN 1150 Introduces Two New Shows & Revamped Broadcast Team for Tiger-Cats Fans
- Kent Austin Named Tiger-Cats Consultant