Stars Fall to Clippers
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, fell to the Agua Caliente Clippers 115-105 in the second game of a back-to-back.
The Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Jarrell Brantley, who tallied his second consecutive 20-point performance with a team-high 27 points on 10-of-19 (.526) from the floor. Rodney Pryor tallied his first 20/10 game of the season with 25 points and a game-high 10 boards, while Miye Oni, currently on assignment from the Jazz, finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Isaac Haas led all Stars reserves with 12 points and seven rebounds.
Agua Caliente was paced by LA Clippers two-way player Amir Coffey, who finished with game-highs of 29 points and nine assists. Mfiondu Kabengele, currently on assignment from the LA Clippers, recorded 17 points in 15 minutes, and Xavier Rathan-Mayes recorded 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The Clippers built an 11-point lead in the first quarter (19-8), but the Stars chipped away, entering intermission trailing by four (53-49). Agua Caliente outscored Salt Lake City 33-25 in the third frame and led by as many as 21 points in the fourth quarter (101-80). The Stars responded with a 7-0 run and trimmed the lead to single digits late in the contest, but the Clippers countered and won by 10.
Agua Caliente held the edge in shooting percentage (.506-.402), rebounds (45-44) and steals (8-7). The Stars scored more points in the paint (46-44) and second chance points (16-11).
Salt Lake City will conclude its three-game homestand on Monday, Jan. 13, when the team hosts the Northern Arizona Suns (Phoenix Suns affiliate) at Bruin Arena at 7 p.m. The game will be streamed live on NBAGLeague.com.
Tickets for all Stars home games are available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 12, 2020
- Austin Spurs Defeat South Bay Lakers 123-106 for Their Sixth-Straight Win - Austin Spurs
- South Bay Falls on Second Night of Back-To-Back - South Bay Lakers
- Greensboro Swarm, Volunteer Center of Greensboro Team up for 2020 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Shooting Beats Iowa Wolves 163-143 - Stockton Kings
- Martin Goes off But Kings Offense Rolls over Wolves in Road Loss - Iowa Wolves
- Warriors Win the Battle in Texas - Texas Legends
- Stars Fall to Clippers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Defeat Clippers to Earn Second Wire-To-Wire Victory of the Season
- Stars Add Willie Reed
- Stars Take Down Legends
- Stars Fall to Knicks
- Red Claws Edge Stars