Stars Acquire Returning Player Rights to Stephaun Branch
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have acquired the returning player rights to guard Stephaun Branch from the South Bay Lakers in exchange for the returning player rights to forward Taylor Braun.
Branch (6-5, 208, West Georgia) appeared in 50 games (seven starts) with South Bay last season, owning averages of 10.6 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.4 steals in 21.5 minutes. The Upland, Calif., native totaled five games with 20-plus points and three double-doubles in his first professional season. Branch was acquired by South Bay last season as a local tryout player.
Branch played two seasons at West Georgia (2015-17), appearing in 59 games with averages of 16.4 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.9 steals. A two-time All-Gulf South Second Team selection (2016, 2017), Branch began his collegiate career at Mt. San Antonio College (2013-15) in Walnut, Calif.
Braun (6-7, 210, North Dakota State) appeared in 45 games (34 starts) last season with Salt Lake City, averaging 10.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.6 steals in 32.7 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from October 18, 2018
- Stockton Kings Unveil 2018-19 Inaugural Season Court in Celebration of Stockton Arts Week - Stockton Kings
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Marshall Plumlee - Long Island Nets
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Leslie, Meeks - Texas Legends
- Charge Acquire Rights to Kyle Wiltjer from Raptors 905 - Canton Charge
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Taylor Braun - South Bay Lakers
- Stars Acquire Returning Player Rights to Stephaun Branch - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.