Stampede's St. Ivany Named Defenseman of the Week
Sioux Falls, SD - The United States Hockey League (USHL) announced Monday afternoon that Jack St. Ivany (EYE-vuh-knee) has been named Defenseman of the Week. He earns the honor after tallying four points (1g, 3a) in three games between February 6 and 10.
The second-year veteran helped lead the Herd to a 4-3 victory on Tuesday with a goal over the Fargo Force. St. Ivany followed it up with a two-assist performance against the Lincoln Stars Friday night in a 4-2 victory. He then provided a critical assist on Reid Stefanson's game-tying goal with 13 seconds remaining in regulation to help the Herd earn a point during Saturday's 3-2 shootout loss to the Omaha Lancers. The Stampede are 6-0-2 in their last eight games and sit in third place in the Western Conference, just three points behind first place Omaha.
The Yale commit has registered 26 points on the season, including four goals and 22 assists, fourth best amongst USHL blueliners. He currently ranks third among USHL defensemen in scoring. St. Ivany was recently ranked 129th overall among North American skaters in the NHL Central Scouting midseason rankings. The Manhattan Beach, CA native was a member of Team USA during the World Junior "A" Challenge and participated in the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game earlier this year.
St. Ivany and the Stampede return to action Friday night in Sioux City to begin a three-week road trip which ends March 3rd in Chicago. Puck drop on Friday is 7:05 PM and fans can catch all the action live on KELO News Talk 1320-AM, 107.9-FM and online at KELO.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Stars Weekly - Lincoln Stars
- Zhukov Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- Stampede's St. Ivany Named Defenseman of the Week - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL Names Players of the Week - Week 19 - USHL
- Drury Wins USHL Forward of the Week Award - Waterloo Black Hawks
- RoughRiders Head Coach Mark Carlson Nears 600 Wins - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Jacks Offering BOGO Tickets for Valentine's Day Game - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stars Launch the Lincoln Stars Foundation - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Stampede Stories
- Stampede Select 18 Players During USHL Phase II Draft
- Stampede Select 10 Players During USHL Phase I Draft
- Nick Oliver Named Assistant Coach at St. Cloud State
- St. Ivany Named to All-USHL Third Team
- Stampede's Season Comes to An End in Heartbreaking OT Loss to Lincoln