Stampeders Sign Receiver Richard Sindani
The Calgary Stampeders have signed national receiver Richard Sindani.
Sindani was an eighth-round selection (70th overall) by the Stamps in the 2017 CFL draft and he attended training camp with the Red and White before joining the University of Calgary Dinos. In two pre-season contests for the Stamps, the six-foot-two, 205-lb. Regina native had two catches for 34 yards and one touchdown.
Sindani a played a total of nine regular-season and playoff games for the University of Calgary in 2017 and he had 31 catches for 408 yards and two touchdowns. One of the scores came in the Dinos' Canada West final win over UBC. Prior to joining the Dinos, Sindani played one season for the Calgary Colts juniors and in eight games he made 31 catches for 414 yards and two touchdowns. He added seven catches for 73 yards in two playoff contests.
Sindani previously played three seasons (2013-15) at the University of Regina and accumulated 33 catches for 467 yards and three touchdowns in 20 games.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 9, 2018
- CFL.ca the Place to be for 2018 CFL Free Agency - CFL
- Stampeders Release Marquay McDaniel - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Extend Sherritt - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stampeders Sign Receiver Richard Sindani - Calgary Stampeders
- Guard Philip Blake Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- Adarius Bowman and Andrew Harris to Hold Autograph Signing - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Three-Time CFL All-Star Receiver Adarius Bowman - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.