Stampeders Release Marquay McDaniel
The Calgary Stampeders have released international receiver Marquay McDaniel.
"This is a very difficult decision that was made necessary because of the realities of the salary-cap system," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel. "Marquay has been an excellent player for us for the past six seasons and we owed him the opportunity to explore his options around the league prior to the start of free agency on Tuesday. We wish him the best of luck and would certainly welcome him back in the future if the circumstances were right for both sides."
McDaniel, 33, joined the Stamps in 2011 after starting his career with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In 93 regular-season games for the Red and White, McDaniel had 417 catches for 5,555 yards and 27 touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 9, 2018
- CFL.ca the Place to be for 2018 CFL Free Agency - CFL
- Stampeders Release Marquay McDaniel - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Extend Sherritt - Edmonton Eskimos
- Stampeders Sign Receiver Richard Sindani - Calgary Stampeders
- Guard Philip Blake Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- Adarius Bowman and Andrew Harris to Hold Autograph Signing - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Three-Time CFL All-Star Receiver Adarius Bowman - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.