Stampeders Complete Trade with RedBlacks
The Calgary Stampeders have acquired a third-round selection in the 2020 CFL draft and a conditional draft pick in exchange for American quarterback Nick Arbuckle.
Arbuckle first signed with the Stampeders in 2016 when he spent a month on Calgary's practice roster. He rejoined the club in 2018 and appeared in 36 regular-season games - including seven starts in 2019 when he filled in for injured starter Bo Levi Mitchell - over the past two seasons.
"I thank Nick for everything he did for the Stampeders organization and particularly for the way he performed during Bo's absence last season," said Stampeders president and general manager John Hufnagel.
As a Stamp, Arbuckle completed 191 of 263 passes for 2,247 yards with 12 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also had 62 carries for 149 yards and nine touchdowns.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 3, 2020
- Stampeders Complete Trade with RedBlacks - Calgary Stampeders
- RedBlacks Acquire Rights to Nick Arbuckle in Deal with Stampeders - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Roberson Released to Pursue NFL Opportunity - Calgary Stampeders
- Patrick Boivin No Longer President and CEO of the Montreal Alouettes - CFL
- Winnipeg Football Club Board Renewal Process Continues - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.