Stampede Weekend Home Games Postponed
Sioux Falls, SD - The Sioux Falls Stampede announced on Wednesday that this weekend's home games versus Omaha and Sioux City have been postponed. The games are postponed due to issues with the ice at the PREMIER Center.
"Due to a failure in the PREMIER Center Ice Making Plant, we are unable to have ice in place for this weekend's Stampede games," stated Mike Krewson, General Manager of the PREMIER Center. "Our staff has worked tirelessly around the clock for the last several days to diagnose and rectify this issue in time. Unfortunately, when machinery is involved, things break at the most inopportune time. We will continue to work on the issue and look forward to having the best ice for the best fans in the USHL."
The Stampede will be working with the Lancers and Musketeers to reschedule the games and hope to have that announced in the coming days.
Fans who have tickets for either game this weekend should hold on to their tickets as they will be valid for the make-up dates or any other home game this season. Season ticket holders who have digital tickets will have their new tickets added automatically once the make-up dates have been announced.
The Stampede return to the ice on Tuesday, February 8th to visit Sioux City at 7:05 PM. The Herd's next home game is scheduled for Saturday, February 12th at 6:05 PM versus Des Moines. The world-famous Wiener Dog Races return to Sioux Falls on February 19th. Fans can get ticket information at sfstampede.com or by calling the office at 605-275-4625.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 2, 2022
- Hawks Additions Sambuco & Tichy from Near & Far - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Caps Acquire Madison Native Connor Schneider in Trade with Waterloo for Daniel Sambuco - Madison Capitols
- Omaha Lancers Appoint Rob Rassey as General Manager - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Weekend Home Games Postponed - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Wiener Dog Races Highlight Weekend of Family Fun - Chicago Steel
- Jacks Parade to Plymouth for Single-Game Matchup with Team USA U18 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.