Stampede Announce Hockey Day in South Dakota on February 10th
Sioux Falls, SD-The Sioux Falls Stampede along with the Sioux Falls Youth Hockey Association, Oahe Hockey Association, the Scheels IcePlex and Denny Sanford PREMIER Center announced today the inaugural "Hockey Day in South Dakota" is set to take place on Saturday, February 10th. The afternoon will feature a total of four hockey games.
The day will kick off at the Scheel's IcePlex at 11:15 AM when the Sioux Falls Flyers boys JV team plays host to the Oahe Capitals. At 12 PM the Sioux Falls Flyers Bantam "A" boys team will host Oahe inside the PREMIER Center. The third game of the day will take place just after 2 PM when the Sioux Falls Flyers boys Varsity squares off against Oahe. The Oahe Capitals consist of players from Pierre and Ft. Pierre and have a long tradition of youth hockey in South Dakota. The day concludes at 7:05 PM that evening when the Stampede play host to the Omaha Lancers inside the PREMIER Center.
"We are excited to celebrate the growing sport of hockey in South Dakota," stated Stampede President/CEO Tom Garrity. "Youth hockey has continued to expand not only in Sioux Falls, but around the entire state. We look forward to showcasing some of the talented players in South Dakota and providing them a great experience. This is an event we can see getting bigger and better each and every year."
Tickets for the games at the PREMIER Center are just $12 each and will be valid for both Flyers games as well as the Stampede game that night. Fans can purchase their tickets in advance through the Stampede office or the day of the game at the PREMIER Center. Portions of each ticket sale will benefit the Sioux Falls Youth Hockey Association.
The Stampede return to action this weekend when they travel to Bloomington to face Central Illinois on Friday at 7:05 PM. Fans can catch all the action on KELO News Talk 1320-AM, 105.1-FM, 107.9-FM, KELO.com or watch on HockeyTV beginning at 6:40 PM.
HOCKEY DAY IN SOUTH DAKOTA SCHEUDLE (FEB.10)
11:15 AM : Oahe Capitals vs Sioux Falls Flyers JV (IcePlex)
12:00 PM : Oahe Capitals vs Sioux Falls Flyers Bantam A (PREMIER Center)
2:05 PM : Oahe Capitals vs Sioux Falls Flyers Varsity (PREMIER Center)
7:05 PM : Omaha Lancers vs Sioux Falls Stampede (PREMEIR Center)
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2018
- STARS ACQUIRE LOGAN JENUWINE FROM FARGO - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Acquire Defenseman Evennou in Trade with Muskegon - Tri-City Storm
- Stampede Announce Hockey Day in South Dakota on February 10th - Sioux Falls Stampede
- RoughRiders host pair of home games this weekend - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- FIVE-GOAL NIGHT LEADS STARS TO 5-3 WIN - Lincoln Stars
- 9 Former RoughRiders Nominated for Hobey - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Fighting Saints Add Goaltender James Durham - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Fighting Saints Add Bovbel, Assign Asplund - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- 1-15-18 McKay Named USHL Goaltender of the Week - Madison Capitols
- U18s TROUNCE PHANTOMS 7-1 - Youngstown Phantoms
- McLAUGHLIN NAMED USHL FORWARD OF THE WEEK - Chicago Steel
- USHL Players of the Week - Week 15 - USHL
- 1-15-18 Capitols Trade for Nordqvist - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Stampede Stories
- Stampede Select 18 Players During USHL Phase II Draft
- Stampede Select 10 Players During USHL Phase I Draft
- Nick Oliver Named Assistant Coach at St. Cloud State
- St. Ivany Named to All-USHL Third Team
- Stampede's Season Comes to An End in Heartbreaking OT Loss to Lincoln