Sporting KC Weekly
Sporting Kansas City (6-4-2, 20 points) will continue the race for first place in the Western Conference with two matches this week, first hosting Orlando City SC (6-2-4, 22 points) on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. CT. A limited number of tickets for the marquee matchup at world-class Children's Mercy Park are available at SeatGeek.com.
Wednesday's interconference clash will be shown live nationally on FS1, FOX Deportes and the FOX Sports app while also airing locally on Sports Radio 810 WHB and La Grande 1340 AM. The Final Whistle postgame show will immediately follow on 810 WHB.
After facing Orlando, Sporting will venture west to meet the Colorado Rapids (4-4-4, 16 points) on Sunday at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. CT with three hours of live coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m. CT on FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports GO. Listeners can catch the action on ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM, with The Final Whistle airing afterward on 94.5 FM.
Sporting Kansas City and The Victory Project have partnered with The Whole Person to host the Soccer For All Abilities Clinic from 5-7 p.m. CT on Tuesday at Swope Soccer Village in Kansas City, Missouri (6310 Lewis Rd.). The seventh annual Abilities Clinic is catered to athletes with physical, developmental and cognitive disabilities and will allow participants to learn the basics of soccer in a fun, interactive and inclusive environment.
A new episode of the Sporting Kansas City Show will debut Tuesday at 7 p.m. CT on Sports Radio 810 WHB. Hosts Nate Bukaty, Carter Augustine and Aly Trost will hear from a Sporting guest and preview a busy week of MLS action highlighted by Sporting's matches against Orlando and Colorado. Previous episodes of the Sporting Kansas City Show are available here.
Soccerex, a premier soccer conference uniting the industry of the sport, will host its inaugural global digital conference, Soccerex Connected, today through Friday. At 9 a.m. CT on Thursday, Sporting KC Academy product and Sporting KC II midfielder Jake Davis will participate in "The Evolution of Sports Partnerships" panel alongside ESPN's Taylor Twellman and others to discuss the Audi Goals Drive Progress program, an initiative that provides funds to MLS academies to break down barriers for players such as transportation and housing.
Sporting Kansas City II (4-8-1, 13 points) were eliminated from postseason contention following a 3-2 loss at Saint Louis FC on Saturday and will continue their seven-game road swing to close out the 2020 USL Championship campaign on Tuesday against Austin Bold FC (3-3-6, 15 points). The contest at Bold Stadium will kick off at 8 p.m. CT with a live stream on ESPN Plus, a national radio broadcast on SiriusXM FC and additional in-game updates on Twitter at @SportingKCII.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 21, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 21, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Announces Theme Nights for Remaining Home Matches in September - Los Angeles FC
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego ValeriVoted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: Keys to the Match: September 23, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- By the Numbers: Aiming for a New Club Record - Orlando City SC
- Lions Continue to Climb the Table - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Undeterred After Loss to Eastern Conference Leaders Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo Transfer Alberth Elis to Boavista FC in Portugal - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 21, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Lion's Share Hospitality to bring Exciting Food and Beverage Options to FC Cincinnati Fans - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.