Sporting KC Season Tickets Sold out for 2013 Season
Sporting Kansas City announced on Tuesday that the club's allotment of 14,000 season tickets for the 2013 season at Sporting Park are sold out. Beginning on Wednesday, prospective Season Ticket Members may join the club's Season Ticket Member waiting list by placing a $50 non-refundable deposit per season ticket request.
The implementation of the Season Ticket Member waiting list does not affect current Season Ticket Members.
"We've seen a tremendous response from our fans for tickets," said Jake Reid, Sporting Kansas City Chief Revenue Officer. "Their support is what makes the atmosphere at Sporting Park so incredible. Our season ticket base is the strongest it has ever been and this plan will ensure that new fans and groups have the opportunity to enjoy the experience of attending our matches this season."
Sporting Kansas City currently lead all MLS teams in the total number of new Season Ticket Members for 2013 and have averaged over a 90% Season Ticket Member renewal rate for the last three seasons.
On Wednesday, Sporting Kansas City will also begin sales for new five-game 'Pick Plans.' All plans include the team's match on July 3 against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC as well as four additional Sporting KC matches of the buyer's choice, including U.S. Open Cup, CONCACAF Champions League or any of the remaining MLS regular season games.
Amongst non-season ticket members, individuals who take advantage of the 'Pick Plans' will have the first chance at securing tickets for Sporting Kansas City matches during the second half of the 2013 MLS regular season. Single-game tickets for the team's final eight MLS regular season matches will go on sale to the general public in June. The five-game 'Pick Plans' are available in most seating categories and do not include any additional fees.
To purchase a five-game 'Pick Plan' or join the Season Ticket Member waiting list, fans are encouraged to call 888-4KC-GOAL.
Sporting Kansas City is currently in first place in the Eastern Conference after finishing atop the East each of the last two seasons. The team averaged a club record 19,404 fans in the regular season in 2012 and has sold out 19 consecutive MLS home matches at Sporting Park entering Saturday's game against the Portland Timbers.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 23, 2013
- LA Galaxy Players Help Build Reading Garden at Annalee Avenue - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers Development Update - Portland Timbers
- After Long Wait, Stephen McCarthy Feels Fit - New England Revolution
- Maturing Jack McBean Settling into Regular Role with the LA Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Season Tickets Sold out for 2013 Season - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo, Texas Children's Health Plan to host Fútbol Fiesta - Houston Dynamo
- Viana Returns to Columbus Just in Time for Birth of Daughter - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Takes on Toronto FC in First Leg of ACC Semi-Final Wednesday - Montreal Impact
- Timbers to Play Host to Monarcas Morelia in Inaugural Copa Verde - Portland Timbers
- San Jose Earthquakes Unveil Saves for SEALs Supporters' Section for June 29 Game at Stanford Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crew Homegrown Player Wil Trapp Called into United States Under-20 Camp - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Weekly Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Reserves Recap: RSL 0-0 Phoenix FC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Johnny Russell Named MLS Player of the Week
- Sporting KC Cruises to Historic 6-0 Win over Vancouver
- Preview: First-Place Sporting KC Welcomes Whitecaps on Friday
- Sporting KC and Seattle Scrap to 2-2 Draw
- Preview: First-Place Sporting KC to Host Seattle on Sunday