Spits Fall 4-3 to Kitchener
The Kitchener Rangers rolled into town Thursday evening for a matchup with the Spitfires. This was the second matchup of the season; the Rangers won the first game on October 11th by a score of 3-1. Windsor was looking to snap their 2-game losing streak.
In the first period, the teams traded chances, and the Spitfires struck first. On the powerplay, Cuylle buried a rebound on a shot from Afanasyev, making it a 1-0 lead 16 minutes into the first. After one period of play, the Spitfires led in shots 9-5.
In the second frame, Corcoran fired a shot that found the back of the net through a bunch of bodies, making it 2-0. Afanasyev and Purboo collected assists on the play. Seven minutes later, the Rangers struck back on the powerplay, cutting the lead to 1. After four more minutes of play, the Rangers struck again, tying the game 2-2. After two periods, Kitchener led in shots 19-16.
In the third period, the Rangers scored again, on the powerplay, and took a 3-2 just under halfway into the frame. However, only a minute later, Jean-Luc Foudy scored unassisted to tie the game at 3. However, with 4:30 left to play, the Rangers scored to make it a 4-3 game. The Spitfires tried to rally back with a 6 on 4 chance but failed to capitalize - the final score Rangers 4 Spitfires 3.
The Spitfires' next game is away on Saturday, December 7th, in Saginaw, puck drop 7:05 pm. The Spitfires' next home game is December 12th when Saginaw comes to town.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Petes Win Streak Comes to An End in Kingston - Peterborough Petes
- Attack Impress with 6-3 Win over Knights - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Drop First of Home-And-Home - Mississauga Steelheads
- Andree Collects Shut out in Opening Game of the Battle of the Ottawa River - Ottawa 67's
- Colts Lose to Storm on the Road - Barrie Colts
- Greyhounds Outrun Otters 2-1 - Erie Otters
- Rangers Record Season-High Fifth Straight Win - Kitchener Rangers
- Hounds Hold-Off Otters in Hard Fought Visit to PA - Soo Greyhounds
- Jenik Earns A Share Of History, Renwick Scores Winner As Dogs Win 6-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spits Fall 4-3 to Kitchener - Windsor Spitfires
- Preview: Spirit Travel to Sarnia for First of Eight Straight against Division Opponents - Saginaw Spirit
- Weekend Preview - Let the Teddy Bears Fly - Mississauga Steelheads
- Preview: Firebirds and Wolves Square-Off in Sudbury Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Game Preview: Barrie Colts at Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Dellandrea Records Third-Career Hat-Trick in Thursday Victory in Barrie - Flint Firebirds
- Dellandrea's Trio Steals the Show on Teddy Bear Night - Barrie Colts
- First Place Petes Take Down Western Conference-Leading Knights in Teddy Bear Toss Game - Peterborough Petes
- Calisti Opens, Closes Scoring in Hounds Win at Niagara - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windsor Spitfires Stories
- Kia CHL Top-10 Spotlight: Spitfires Promise to Bring Plenty of Firepower
- Wolves' Stillman Joins Coyotes as Assistant Coach
- 2020 Windsor Spitfires Teddy Bear Toss Next Weekend
- Teacher's Life Spotlight: Xavier Medina
- Spitfires Raise over $34,000 for Grow on Windsor Campaign