Spitfires Fall to Rival London 4-2
The London Knights made the short trek down the 401 to faceoff against the Spitfires Thursday evening. It was the sixth matchup of the season between the two teams, London had the edge 3-2-0 in the season series.
In the first frame, there was no scoring, and the Spitfires outshot the Knights 15-7.
In the second period, the Spitfires struck for the games first goal just a minute and fifty-three seconds into the period. Purboo, in front of the net, tipped a Robinson shot that was stopped, but Purboo got the rebound for his 20th on the season. The lead only lasted three minutes as London tied the game at one. Late in the period, London scored again to take a 2-1 lead heading to the third period. Shots were 24-22 in favour of the Knights.
In the third period, just over six minutes in the Spitfires tied it up at two apiece. Zito found Corcoran who shot it intentionally wide and it landed on the stick of rookie Wyatt Johnston who scored his 11th of the season. However, the lead again was short lived when London's Foudy scored to make it 3-2 just three minutes later. Late in the frame, London added an empty netter to seal the win 4-2.
The Spitfires' are on the road for the next two games as they travel to Barrie on Saturday, February 22nd with puck drop scheduled for 7:30 pm and then on Sunday, the team is in Oshawa for a matchup with the Generals with puck drop scheduled for 6:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Preview: Firebirds Host Kitchener Saturday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Spirit Reach Double-Digit Goals for Second Time this Season in Victory - Saginaw Spirit
- Steelheads Can't Slow Red Hot Firebirds - Mississauga Steelheads
- Otters a Goal Short in Comeback Bid, Rangers Hang on 4-3 - Erie Otters
- Wellwood Becomes Firebirds All-Time Winningest-Coach with 15th-Straight Victory Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Rangers Score Three in the Second to Beat the Otters 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Garreffa's Hat-Trick Propels 67's to Big Bounce Back Win in the Soo - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs to Host "Night School" Game on March 7th - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Firebirds Face-Off vs. Steelheads in Mississauga Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Win over Windsor Sends Knights to Playoffs - London Knights
- Game Day Preview: Spirit Face Byfield, Wolves Saturday in Sudbury - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. London Knights - Guelph Storm
- Cooper Way Commits to the Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Cardwell Sinks His Former Team in Thrilling 6-5 Overtime Victory - Barrie Colts
- Petes Come up Short against Bulldogs - Peterborough Petes
- Spitfires Fall to Rival London 4-2 - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.