Spitfires Drop 4-1 Decision To Undermanned Rangers
Nick Czinder and Curtis Meighan each had a goal and an assist, as the Kitchener Rangers took a 4-1 decision over the Windsor Spitfires in front of 5,712 at the WFCU Centre on Thursday night.
Despite being without eight regulars, due to various injuries and World Junior Hockey Championship involvement, the Rangers took a 2-1 lead on Keli Grant's first of the season just 1:34 into the second period and never looked back.
Domenic Alberga had the other goal for Kitchener (19-9-1-3), which played without Radek Faksa, Matt Puempel, Tobias Rieder, Ryan Murphy, Max Iafrate, Eric Ming, Franky Palazzese and Justin Bailey.
Chris Marchese (12) had the only goal for Windsor (14-13-1-5), which saw its four-game winning streak end.
John Gibson had 33 saves in goal for the win. Jaroslav Pavelka made 34 in a losing cause.
The Spits head out for Saginaw on Saturday for a date with the Spirit, before wrapping up the pre- holiday portion of their schedule in Sault Ste Marie on Sunday night.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2012
- Canada's National Junior Team Named for 2013 IIHF World Junior Championship - OHL
- Generals Take Solid Road Win - Oshawa Generals
- Spitfires Drop 4-1 Decision To Undermanned Rangers - Windsor Spitfires
- IceDogs Fall 4-2 to Erie - Niagara IceDogs
- Grant Scores Game Winner in Rangers 4-1 Victory - Kitchener Rangers
- Crisp's Hat Trick Leads Otters to 4-2 Win - Erie Otters
- Murphy Named to Team Canada Roster - Kitchener Rangers
- Bulls to Collect Charitable Food Donations - Belleville Bulls
- Petes and Frontenacs Complete Trade - Peterborough Petes
- Frontenacs Acquire Hietkamp from Petes - Kingston Frontenacs
- Pre-Game Notes December 14 - Ottawa 67's
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for November - OHL
- Nearly 1,200 Bears and Plush Toys Donated to Toy Drive - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.