Spirit Sign 2022 Draft Pick Josh Glavin
Saginaw, Mich. - Saginaw Spirit General Manager Dave Drinkill announced Monday the signing of 2022 third round pick Josh Glavin to a Standard Player Agreement.
"Josh is a player we know extremely well with the background of his dad (Sarnia Asst. GM Mark Glavin) and Chris (Lazary, former Sarnia Sting Asst. Coach), but it's not all about that, it's about who he is as a player," said Drinkill. "He was a captain of his minor hockey team, a two-way defenseman with size, who can skate. We feel there is a lot of development in his game that is still yet to come. He played some games in Jr. B this season against older competition and they put him in situations to be a real impact player. We're excited about (Josh), we were happy to get him, happy he has signed here today and part of the future here in Saginaw."
Glavin, 15, spent time last season with the Lambton Jr. Sting U16 of ALLIANCE Hockey, scoring four goals and 14 assists for 18 points in 27 games. He earned a call up to the Sarnia Legionnaires Jr. B club and contributed two goals and four assists for six points in 10 games against much older competition.
"It's really exciting," said the Sarnia native, Glavin. "I was not sure if I was going back to Sarnia or not, I just knew I wanted to play in the OHL and this is definitely how I wanted it to end up. When I was little, there wasn't really the NHL for me, it was always about the OHL, it's exciting looking up to those guys now knowing that I am one of those guys that kids can look up to. My favorite part of the game is to move the puck and make plays in the neutral zone. (The style in Saginaw) will suit my game well and I'll have a lot of fun playing here."
The 6-foot-1, 180-pound defenseman was selected by the Spirit in the third round, 54th overall, in the 2022 OHL Priority Selection. Glavin is eligible for the 2025 NHL Draft.
Glavin will wear No. 5 this season when the Spirit hit the ice come October 2022.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 9, 2022
- Rangers' Joseph Serpa Named OHL Player of the Week - Kitchener Rangers
- Firebirds' Luke Cavallin Named OHL Goaltender of the Week - Flint Firebirds
- Cavallin and Serpa Named OHL Top Performers of the Week - OHL
- Knights Sign 2022 First Round Draft Pick - London Knights
- Spirit Sign 2022 Draft Pick Josh Glavin - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saginaw Spirit Stories
- Spirit set for 2022 CHL Import Draft
- Spirit Announce 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Spirit Host Guelph Storm on October 1 to Open 2022-23 Regular Season
- Misa, Parekh, Stewart Invited to Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp
- Brad Flynn Accepts Head Coaching Role in Alberta Junior Hockey League