Spectra Donates Unused Food to Gleaners
With the 2019-20 AHL season currently suspended due to COVID-19, it meant a lot of fresh food inside CAA Arena would be wasted.
But, Spectra had something to say about that. The Sens' in-arena food supplier donated what they had to the Gleaners Food Bank in Belleville earlier this week.
"We gave a case of romaine lettuce, case of mixed peppers (pictured below), flat of green onions, flat of tomatoes, two boxes of fresh herbs, 50 lbs of potatoes and a flat of cucumbers," said Sheri Thompson, Spectra's Assistant General Manager said. "The Senators have donated many times to the Gleaners Food Bank before and we felt that since we would be unable to use this food, we would do the same."
Spectra also donated assorted leftover items from the three Sens home games played earlier this month.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Spectra Donates Unused Food to Gleaners - Belleville Senators
- Roadrunners to Auction Darcy Kuemper Jersey - Tucson Roadrunners
- PPL Center Donates Food to Lehigh Valley Organizations During Coronavirus Pandemic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie
- BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards
- Norris and Batherson Named to 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams
- Norris and Formenton Named 2019-20 AHL All-Rookie Team
- Belleville Senators Announce AHL 2019/20 Season Cancellation