Sparks Returns to Solar Bears
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that goaltender Garret Sparks has returned to the club following his loan to the Calgary Flames to participate in NHL training camp.
Sparks, 27, has appeared in one game with Orlando this season, making 26 saves in Orlando's 3-2 overtime win at Wheeling on Dec. 19.
The goaltender ranks among Orlando's all-time leaders in games played (2nd - 48 GP), minutes played (2nd - 2,625), wins (T-2nd - 27), saves (2nd - 1,451) and shutouts (1st - 6).
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return to Jacksonville to battle the Icemen at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena on Friday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. The Solar Bears are back on home ice at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center against the Florida Everblades on Saturday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 14, 2021
- Weekend Games vs Wichita Postponed by ECHL; 11 Additional Home Dates Announced Through April 3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder, Americans Postpone Weekend Series - Wichita Thunder
- Doyle Somerby Loaned to Tucson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Hutchison and Christopoulos Sign with Indy - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - January 14 - ECHL
- January 15 & 16 Games against Wheeling Postponed - Indy Fuel
- Nailers and Fuel Games Postponed this Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- Sparks Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceMen Earn Hard Fought Road Win over Everblades - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.