Southwest Michigan High School Hockey League To Host Armed Forces Night
Kalamazoo, MI- The Wings Stadium Complex, which is also home to The Annex and The Cube, announces the Southwest Michigan High School Hockey League will host the inaugural Armed Forces Night tomorrow Wednesday, January 9th at 9 p.m., during the Kalamazoo United-Mattawan high school hockey game.
Any member of the armed forces that wears their uniform to the game tomorrow night will receive FREE admission.
Prior to the game the Southwest Michigan High School Hockey League will be honoring past and present members of the armed forces that have played or coached in the league, including Mattawan's Jimmy Arnold, a former player that was killed in action in Iraq.
"We find it important to honor all our men and women in the armed forces, especially those who were and are a part of our league," said Southwest Michigan High School Hockey League President Mark Lanting. "It takes an incredible amount of responsibility and courage to do what our armed forces do for our country and it will be a privilege to honor them at tomorrow's game."
Mattawan will present Arnold's parents, Phil Arnold and Mary Ryan Skolasky with a jersey. The league has also announced they will add a courage award that will be given out at the end of the season.
Stadium Management Company owns the Wings Stadium Complex and the Kalamazoo Wings hockey team. The Wings Stadium Complex is comprised of three buildings; Wings Stadium seats more than 5,100 fans for K-Wings home games, 8,000 for festival seating events and 4,500 for reserved seating shows. The Annex seats 1,367 for ice events and can seat up to 2,850 for non-ice events such as concerts, car, boat, and trade shows. The Cube is the newer of the three facilities and plays host to both ice and non-ice events. All three buildings are available for rental and feature numerous catering and meeting opportunities.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 8, 2008
- Southwest Michigan High School Hockey League To Host Armed Forces Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- McCarty's contract approved - Flint Generals
- McCarty in Muskegon Wednesday - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- IHL Saddened By Loss of Gary Cook - IHL 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- K-Wings Fight Back Late, Komets Prevail at Home
- K-Wings Loan Goaltender Hunter Vorva to AHL Monsters
- K-Wings Receive Goaltender Pavel Cajan on Loan from AHL Monsters
- Taylor Makes History, K-Wings to Celebrate 'Hockey for Her'
- K-Wings Can't Overcome Second, Fuel Leave on Top