Southern California Sports Unite with a Message for Los Angeles Area Fans
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) has teamed up with every professional sports team and two major collegiate sports programs in Southern California for a public service announcement urging fans to stay together and join them in practicing social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The video #LATogether was produced by LAFC and includes players from twelve professional sports organizations in Southern California, as well as UCLA's Mick Cronin and USC's Talanoa Hufanga.
"Los Angeles, these are unprecedented times. As our community faces an uncertain future, it is vital that we all heed the advice of our public officials. No one is above this situation and we are all in this together. This is bigger than sports. We must all play a role to keep our families, our friends, our colleagues, and our fans safe and healthy. Wash your hands with soap and warm water, practice social distancing, avoid public gatherings, avoid crowded stores, do not hoard food - those supply lines are uninterrupted, and continue to support your local businesses. We are in this - and we will get through this - TOGETHER."
List of teams and players that participated in the video:
LAFC - Eduard Atuesta
LA Galaxy - Jonathan dos Santos
Los Angeles Lakers - Kyle Kuzma
Los Angeles Clippers - Landry Shamet
Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff
Los Angeles Sparks - Nneka Ogwumike
Los Angeles Kings - Dustin Brown
Los Angeles Chargers - Derwin James
Los Angeles Dodgers - Walker Buehler
Los Angeles Angels - Mike Trout
Los Angeles Wildcats - Nelson Spruce
Anaheim Ducks - Josh Manson
UCLA - Mick Cronin
USC - Talanoa Hufanga
LAFC has recently teamed up with the LAFC Foundation and Legends to donate fresh fruits and vegetables to community partner Union Rescue Mission. Last week, the Black & Gold raised over $5,000 for Los Angeles based charities battling COVID-19 when it hosted the L.A. Charity FIFA 20 Challenge, an e-sports rivalry match-up against the Galaxy.
In partnership with Banc of California, LAFC is also creating an online hub that will feature financial, educational, and health and wellness resources available to the Los Angeles community. LAFC is also working with partner BODYARMOR to donate product for staff and patients in need at Kaiser Permanente, and with CLIF to donate product to the community for those in need.
For the most up-to-date news and information related to the public health crisis, please visit LAFC.com/COVID-19.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2020
- MLS 25 Years Later: Jason Kreis - Inter Miami CF
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: April 6-12 - Columbus Crew SC
- Southern California Sports Unite with a Message for Los Angeles Area Fans - Los Angeles FC
- Mayor Lightfoot Teams Up with Chicago's Professional Sports Teams to Present the "We Are Not Playing" Campaign to Combat COVID-19 - Chicago Fire
- Today at 4 p.m. ET - MLS Classics: Remix: Inaugural Game, 1996 - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and the LAFC Foundation to Host Second Black & Gold Blood Drive in Partnership with Banc of California
- LAFC and Banc of California Restructure Partnership
- LAFC & MLS Provide Update on 2020 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target
- LAFC Launch the 'LAFC Food Delivery Service' Program
- LAFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with Farmer John