South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick and Returning Player Rights to Galen Robinson Jr.
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired a 2023 first round pick and returning player rights to Galen Robinson Jr. from the Austin Spurs in exchange for the returning player rights to Chaundee Brown Jr., it was announced today.
Robinson Jr. (6'1", 190) spent the past three seasons with the NBA G League's Austin Spurs. In 2021-22, he appeared in 27 games (15 starts), averaging 9.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 21.5 minutes per game while shooting 41.7 percent from 3-point range. Robinson Jr. also played a short stint (12 games) with BG Göttingen of the Basketball Bundesliga in Germany where he averaged 7.1 points, 1.0 rebounds and 3.8 assists before returning to Austin. Prior to entering the NBA G League, Robinson Jr. played collegiate basketball at the University of Houston (2015-19).
In 30 games (all starts) for South Bay last season, Brown Jr. averaged 15.2 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 30.4 minutes per game.
South Bay now has two first round picks in the 2023 NBA G League Draft.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 27, 2022
- Austin Spurs Acquire Chaundee Brown Jr. - Austin Spurs
- South Bay Acquires 2023 First Round Pick and Returning Player Rights to Galen Robinson Jr. - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Announces Coaching Staff for Upcoming Season - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.