Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2018-2019
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today unveiled, in conjunction with Major League Soccer and adidas, its newest Rave Green kit, which serves as the club's primary jersey for the 2018-2019 MLS seasons. Officially dubbed "The New Rave Green," the kit joins a line of the club's iconic primary jerseys stretching back to the inaugural 2009 season and includes special recognition of the team's fans in its jock tag design and phrasing across the back neck.
An official jersey launch event for fans and media is being held at the CenturyLink Field Pro Shop on Saturday, February 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT. Forward Will Bruin and midfielders Cristian Roldan, Harry Shipp and Henry Wingo are scheduled to mix and mingle with fans while showing off the new kit. The jersey is available for purchase beginning February 10 at all Pro Shop locations and through MLSstore.com.
The New Rave Green features an athletic player fit with adidas' engineered AdiZero fabric and back panel to provide full freedom of movement and temperature regulation while remaining the lightest class of soccer jerseys on the market. The jersey is created in all-over tones of Rave Green, with a unique brush-stroke print across the entire front body, making each shirt slightly individual from the other. The adidas EQT collar and sleeve cuffs feature roll over of the front panel print, and the team's crest now features a permanent silver star commemorating the 2016 MLS Cup Championship.
Most distinctive to the jersey are its jock tag and back neck transfer, both of which pay tribute to the club's fans in a special way. Replacing the Official Corporate Seal of the City of Seattle on the lower right hand hip of the jersey is a new jock tag celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Sounders FC Alliance. A key component to the club's commitment to Democracy In Sports, the Alliance, through the leadership of Alliance Council, gives Seattle's fans a real and influential voice in the overall course of the organization. Starting in 2016, the team's front office worked alongside Alliance Council members on the direction of the 2018 Primary Kit and how best to recognize the tireless contributions of the Alliance on the newest jersey.
On the back of the jersey's neck, the phrase "You Will Hear Us" is emblazoned, paying homage to longtime SB Nation blog and online Sounder fan community Sounder at Heart, who coined the term as tribute to Sounders FC's dedicated supporters who create the most vocal home-field advantage in Major League Soccer.
The Heritage kit, introduced last season, remains Sounders FC's secondary kit in 2018. The clean white body with a polo collar in bright cyan celebrates the team's history with a throwback crest from the NASL Seattle Sounders and "Born in 74" jock tag.
Xbox continues as the club's jersey sponsor, with the iconic letters of the Microsoft-owned gaming and entertainment system emblazoned across the chest of each kit. Xbox has been the lone jersey partner for Sounders FC since the club joined MLS, originally agreeing to a multi-year partnership on May 28, 2008.
Sounders FC plays a friendly at Sacramento Republic FC on Thursday, February 15 at Papa Murphy's Park in the Rave Green's final match of the 2018 preseason presented by adidas, with kickoff slated for 7:30 p.m. PT. The match is being live-streamed on SoundersFC.com. The Rave Green then kick off the season with a Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League matchup against Salvadoran side Santa Tecla FC in San Salvador on February 22, followed by hosting on Thursday, March 1. Seattle begins its MLS campaign on Sunday, March 4 as the team hosts Los Angeles FC in a 2:00 p.m. PT kickoff.
Sounders FC season tickets are still available, including new 2018 seating options in the 300 level, with full information available at SoundersFC.com or by calling 877-MLS-GOAL. For complete information, details and pricing on 2018 Sounders FC season tickets, fans should call 877-MLS-GOAL or email Sales@SoundersFC.com . Complete information on all Sounders FC ticket packages can be found at SoundersFC.com/Tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Newcomers to Debut in 2018 Average Under 25 Years of Age - MLS
- Timbers, Alaska Airlines Announce Renewal of Jersey Sponsorship - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2018-2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Toyota Stadium Implements Clear Bag/Purse Policy - FC Dallas
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Cristhian Paredes - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Announce CEFCU as Official Credit Union Partner - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Signs Midfielder Pablo Ruiz - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Free Agent Midfielder Ricardo Clark - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Three Sounders FC Players Enter Standard USL Loan Agreements
- Svensson, Torres and Lodeiro Take Next Steps Toward 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia
- Sounders FC Surrenders Late Goal in 1-0 Road Loss to Portland
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Portland Timbers - May 13, 2018
- Sounders FC Announces Kickoff Time Changes for Two Matches, Date and Time Change for October Match vs. Houston