Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today announced that it is once again opening CenturyLink Field to the full capacity of its soccer configuration for a select number of matches this season, as the club looks to pack the stadium in three key rivalry clashes, as well as on Decision Day, the final match of the regular season. Additional upper-deck seating in the 300 level is being made available for home games against Vancouver Whitecaps FC (June 29), Portland Timbers (July 21), LA Galaxy (September 1) and Minnesota United FC on Decision Day (October 6).
Single-match tickets for these games are now available, with the club additionally offering a four-match pack for fans wishing to attend the entire full-bowl stadium series. Tickets and ticket packages are available via SoundersFC.com/Tickets or by calling (877) MLS-GOAL. Starting at $27 per seat, the four-match pack includes tickets to each of the full-stadium fixtures for the best possible value.
"We're excited to bring back full-bowl matches this season," said Sounders FC Owner Adrian Hanauer. "Our fans are truly the most passionate and dedicated in the league, which has led to the team's historic success when playing at home. Opening additional seating in the upper bowl adds another level of intensity at CenturyLink Field that our club has benefited from in key moments over the years. I know our guys are already looking forward to playing in front of those crowds later this year."
Sounders FC most recently played full-stadium matches in 2016, recording a 3-1-1 record across its five full-bowl matches that season. Historically, the club dominates its opposition when playing at home in front of large crowds, holding a 22-4-5 record (including postseason play) when CenturyLink Field's attendance is 45,000 or more.
At this season's full-stadium matches, fans can take in four important Western Conference battles, as well as experiencing the thrill of Decision Day. The series opens with a Cascadia Cup matchup, as Seattle hosts Vancouver on June 29, also the team's annual Pride match. Next up, the Rave Green renew their 45-year feud with archrival Portland on July 21. The LA Galaxy come to town on September 1, followed by the Seattle's contest with the Loons on October 6 in a game that not only marks the end of the regular-season campaign, but sees former Sounders FC captain Ozzie Alonso make his return to Seattle.
Following a 3-2 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday, Sounders FC is currently unbeaten on the season (5-0-1). The club now travels to Los Angeles FC on Sunday, April 21 for a nationally televised showdown on FS1 between the top two sides in the Western Conference. Seattle then returns home for a two-match week, hosting San Jose on April 24 - where the team will first wear its popular new Nightfall kit at home - before LAFC makes the trip to CenturyLink Field on April 28.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 15, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Midfielder Tomas MartÃnez Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Takes Part in MLS Works Week of Service - Montreal Impact
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 15, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Managing Nani's Workload a Key for City's Success - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: April 15, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC to Host Bronx Borough Night on Wednesday, April 24 - New York City FC
- Busio Strikes Late as Sporting Snares 2-2 Draw vs. Red Bulls - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Rave Green Support on Display Throughout Seattle Ahead of Sounders FC's Playoff Match this Saturday
- Four Sounders FC Players Among List of Best-Selling 2019 Adidas MLS Jerseys
- Sounders FC Playoff Spirit Comes to Woodland Park Zoo Tomorrow, October 16
- Morris Named as One of Three Finalists for 2019 MLS Comeback Player of the Year
- Leyva and Ocampo-Chavez Called into U.S. U-17 Men's National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil