Sounders FC Children's Book Now Available on eBook
RENTON, Wash. - An enhanced eBook version ofSoccer Dreams: Playing the Seattle Sounders FC Wayis now available on Kindle, Nook and iTunes with bonus audio interviews of Sounders FC goalkeeper Michael Gspurning and midfielder Mauro Rosales. Gspurning and Rosales talk with the author Clare H. Meeker about growing up playing soccer in their home countries, working toward their dreams of playing professional soccer, and playing their positions of goalkeeper and midfielder.
A licensed product of major league soccer, Soccer Dreams is a fictional story about teamwork for young soccer players, coaches and fans that also features profiles, strategy and teamwork tips, and full-color photos of the Sounders FC team, including Coach Sigi Schmid, defender Patrick Ianni and forward Steve Zakuani. View the book trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCubRhPh42U.
10-year old Todo has just moved from Nairobi, Kenya to Seattle with his family and is looking to meet new friends who share his love of soccer. When a local youth soccer coach invites him to join his team, Todo struggles with teammate Peter "the ball hog" who views him as competition. Todo and his school friend Anna devise a plan to bring their teams together for a scrimmage. But Coach Dan has his own strategy for building teamwork, using inspiring tips from the Sounders FC team and an end-of-the season trip to a Sounders FC game where Todo gets to meet his real soccer heroes.
Soccer Dreams eBook is available at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and Apple.com. The hardcover book is available at local bookstores, the Pro Shop and online. A percentage of sales support Sounders FC youth soccer camp scholarships. Clare Hodgson Meeker is an award-winning author of 10 books for children.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 3, 2013
- Chicago Fire to Host Third Annual Art of Futbol Event - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Midfielder Kevin Harbottle to Miss 4-6 Weeks with Knee Injury - Colorado Rapids
- Mike Magee Named MLS Player of the Month - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Aaron Horton Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Loans Goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra to the Richmond Kickers - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Children's Book Now Available on eBook - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rio Tinto Stadium Sells out June 18 USMNT World Cup Qualifier - Real Salt Lake
- Robbie Keane Fit and Ready for CCL Clash against Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Manager Peter Vermes Voted into National Soccer Hall of Fame - Sporting Kansas City
- Wahl Holding Down Left Back Spot - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Mike Magee Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Thorns FC Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Shuttleworth Steps into the Breach - New England Revolution
- Fagundez Finally Earns a Starting Berth - New England Revolution
- Individual Tickets for All Dynamo Home Games Through July 6 Now on Sale - Houston Dynamo
- Seattle Sounders FC Tipped by Santos Laguna 1-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.