Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events
SEATTLE, WASH. - Sounders FC today announced that it has joined a coordinated effort to support women in the business of sports through serving as one of the Founding Partners of the newly launched Seattle chapter of Women in Sports and Events (WISE).
WISE is a 25-year-old national nonprofit organization that serves as a resource for women at all stages of their careers in sports and events. Headquartered in New York City, there are over 25 chapters across North America supporting the WISE mission: The WISE mission is to empower women in the business of sports with the tools to reach their career goals. Through peer support, mentoring programs and professional development and training, we strive to help members maximize their potential, sharpen their skills and advance their careers at every stage of their professional journeys.
"As an organization that values diversity and equality, Sounders FC is proud to support the newest chapter of WISE as a founding partner," said Sounders FC Owner and President of Business Operations Peter Tomozawa. "Seattle is a passionate and vibrant sports city and an organization like WISE will provide an invaluable resource for the industry and our community."
WISE Seattle officially kicked off yesterday evening, with a celebration event held inside The Ninety, Sounders FC's event space on Occidental Avenue. At the event, which was free and open to all, attendees had the opportunity to learn what is included with a WISE membership, meet representatives from the chapter's Founding Partners and others who have worked to bring WISE to Seattle, and find inspiration to be their personal and professional best with fun activities around goal setting.
The new WISE Seattle chapter will bring much-needed programming, resources and relationship-building to the region's vibrant and growing sports and events community, while providing opportunities for many women to build and enhance leadership skills. The organization plans to meet on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. PT at various locations.
For more information on WISE Seattle, interested parties can follow @WISEseattle on Twitter or join the WISE Seattle group on LinkedIn. To join the WISE Seattle mailing list, an interest form can be filled out at https://sndrs.com/lnvsh.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - November 28, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Seattle Sounders FC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC Ahead of Opening Round Playoff Battle against LAFC
- Three Sounders FC Players Named to 2020 MLS Best XI