Solid Gold Gets Third Win With Help From Bats
VISALIA, Calif. - Brandon Gold didn't allow a run over seven innings, and the JetHawks hit two home runs to support him in a 9-3 win over the Visalia Rawhide on Tuesday night at Recreation Park.
Gold (3-1) became the second Cal League pitcher with three wins this season. He allowed four hits over seven-shutout innings with four strikeouts and a pair of walks.
Visalia's starter, Riley SmithTyler Nevin doubled him home to break the scoreless tie and the JetHawks (10-9) added two more runs in the frame.
Lancaster scored three runs in each of the next two innings, as well. Max George led off the sixth with a solo homer, his first of the season. Willie Abreu blasted a two-run shot later in the frame. It was Abreu's fourth homer to tie for the team lead.
The JetHawks scored three more runs in the seventh against a pair of Visalia (11-8) relievers. Keegan Long began the inning and gave up an RBI-single to Colton Welker with the bases loaded before walking Ramos on four pitches to bring in another run. It was Ramos' third four-pitch walk in the game. Nevin delivered his second RBI-hit to finish the scoring.
Heath Holder thew a scoreless inning of relief in the eighth. Alexander Guillen surrendered three runs in the ninth. '
Forrest Wall went 2-for-5 in the game to extend his hitting streak to nine games, matching Vince Fernandez for the club's longest streak this season.
With the win, Lancaster won it's third-straight game for the first time this season.
The series continues Wednesday in Visalia. Trey Killian (0-1) starts for Lancaster against Cal League Pitcher of the Week Connor Grey (3-0). First pitch is 3:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from April 25, 2018
- Connor Grey Named California League Pitcher of the Week - Visalia Rawhide
- Hernandez Blasts Rawhide to Win - Visalia Rawhide
- George Homers again, but 'Hawks Fall to 'Hide - Lancaster JetHawks
- Giants Walk-Off in 10, Take Series from Storm - San Jose Giants
- Gatto and Rengifo Star in 66ers Well-Rounded Win - Inland Empire 66ers
- MiLB.tv: A Service We Like but Want to Love - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- Ports Open Trip with 8-2 Win - Stockton Ports
- Nuts' Offense Is Quiet in Fourth Straight Loss - Modesto Nuts
- Rancho Drops Second Straight Home Game on Tuesday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Storm Slow Down Giants, 5-2 - San Jose Giants
- Solid Gold Gets Third Win With Help From Bats - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Lift off in Series Opener - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.